stop html editor from editing and changing my code

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
AlexG165
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

stop html editor from editing and changing my code

Post by AlexG165 »

hey

Is there any way at all to completely absolutely stop the html editor from making any changes whatsoever to my code? I really, really want to remove a width and height from an iframe, as i am testing and playing around with it. but every single time i delete it, and go right back into the source code it is there. can this stop please? the iframe is just an example too.. there are a few other instances of your html editor changing code on its own.
JanetY
Support Team
Support Team

Re: stop html editor from editing and changing my code

Post by JanetY »

There are several ways the html editor may end up changing the code.

First of all, the editor, has validity checking in it. If there is invalid html formatting, it will change or remove the code.

Secondly, When editing the text in the editor, If you hit backspace to remove an extra space, you could lose the formatting (font, Color, Size). It has to do with the behavior of the editor versus the html tags. If you backspace too far, the html tag will also get deleted "behind the scenes" and then you lose the formatting. Sometimes you can work around it by leaving the first character of the old text there, make edits and then go delete the old letter you don't need. Or you can go into the html source and change it.

For better clarity for what's happening, in the editor(WYSIWYG) click on View > Show Blocks.

This allows you to see what elements are in what area so when you backspace too far it's not such a surprise.
AlexG165

Post by AlexG165 »

Thanks for the response, but that's not really what I mean. I know that you can remove things in the text editor by backspacing. But I am not talking about the text / WYSIWYG editor. I mean the HTML editor. I don't want the code itself to delete things that I add to the html code. It seems like if the HTML editor doesn't like something, it just gets rid of it. The code that i'm adding in is not basic code, but a little more advanced, and it doesn't like it. So... is there a file that i can edit that can turn off the HTML editor from automatically changing my code?
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

Can you provide us with the code you are trying to use? And just to clarify, you are using the WYSIWYG, just the source code editor within it?
AlexG165

Post by AlexG165 »

Hey, I know this is a bit late of a reply.

But I mean there are quite a few things that i try to add to the HTML editor that the editor just automatically strips out. This has happened at various points in time, for various clients. there is no just one single code that i try to add, it does it for a few things.

So, is there a way to make the editor not strip out anything, at any point?
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

We have in the past made exceptions to what it counts as valid HTML (http://www.allprowebtools.com/forum/vie ... f=1&t=2981), so if you have a specific example I would be more then happy to consider it!

As for turning it off permanently, there is not currently a way to do this.
AlexG165

Post by AlexG165 »

Okay that's fine. I've found work-arounds for all the things that the editor has stripped out... which is probably better anyway. I don't have an example in mind, but if i ever come across an instance where I can't figure out another way to do it, i'll ask.

Thanks a lot of your help!