delete cache

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
AlexG165
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

delete cache

Post by AlexG165 »

Hello,

So I'm going to start this off by saying that we work on a decent number of different APWT websites.

I am currently trying to make updates on one of our websites. This site has been released and is not 'greatmockup'

the vast majority of the changes I am trying to make right now are not showing up. This is especially apparent as I'm trying to change the website's logo. Every time i see that it didn't change, I try to go back and upload it again, which is a little bit of a waste of time. I try and change it like 3-4 times until i realize that its cached.

So I understand that caching helps site speed... but it is really frustrating for us developers. If we make changes, we need to see those changes immediately.

Another example of this is I just copied a stylesheet with all my custom CSS classes from one website (a greatmockup website) to a 'released' website, and I am not able to view those classes on the 'released' website; its simply acting as if those changes we never made. Same goes with images I just recently uploaded; I can't view them on the site as the site is not registering those images at all.

Can you please have a way for us to absolutely and completely turn of caching via the APWT back end without needing to ever come to you guys, also so that we can make our changes without needing to wait and wonder why our changes aren't being shown?

We are going to start getting more and more APWT clients as well, and we need our current and future clients to have the ability to stop caching.

Thanks.
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Re: delete cache

Post by Paige »

As a fellow developer I completely understand where you're coming from!

We do already have a way to turn on and off caching whenever you need it. This is located at: Settings > DNS Records and is in the top right corner of the screen.

This feature is only good for domains that are on our nameservers. Caching will remain off for 3 hours and then automatically turn back on for your convenience.
AlexG165

Post by AlexG165 »

Thanks!

I can see the page on some of our sites, but on our personal APWT site, this is what i see when i go to DNS settings:

No zone found for domain "com/."

the warning is surrounded by red and is the only thing on the page
AlexG165

Post by AlexG165 »

I am also trying to access the DNS page on another site... and it will not load. it keeps on spinning and spinning. and I can't go back since it says page cannot be reloaded.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for letting us know. I'll make sure we look into the issue on your site right away.

As for the other site, could you let me know what site you are trying to access the DNS page for? This will help me figure out what's going on.
AlexG165

Post by AlexG165 »

The Site was http://jh.theresultsmap.com/ but I am able to access it now.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hey,

So I have a follow up question to this...

Can I delete Cache in a development website please? I go to the DNS Settings, and it says that that page is not available until the website is released, but I've already made several changes that are not showing up as changes when I visit the front end of the development site... and I think it has something to do with caching... can I turn it off?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

This is a good point, there is currently no access to the caching for development sites. We will get this taken care of ASAP - so that you can do this in the future.

In the meantime, let me know the domain that you need access to and I can manually turn off caching for you.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Thanks Dave!

the domain name is: http://kelive137.myallprowebtools.com/
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

ok - your caching is cleared and we are working on a more permanent solution for you now.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Cool, thanks a lot!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

ok, upon looking into this further it looks like everything is setup correctly with the caching. The issue is being caused because the account is not "live", yet the client is using SSL for some reason. (SSL is currently turrned off along with the caching)

From AllProWebTools' perspective, a site is "live" when the site is not hosted as a subdomain of greatmockup.com or myallprowebtools.com.

For clients who are already hosting a website (such as wordpress) at www.example.com, we suggest creating a new subdomain for AllProWebTools such as apwt.example.com or test.example.com. Once this is done, you can connect your DNS to AllProWebTools and control your caching and DNS from within the AllProWebTools console.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay, cool.

However, I am now experiencing an issue with turning off caching on our live site, http://goaheaddreambig.com/. I have clicked the 'turn off caching' button over five times, and the website is still caching! I am trying to edit our campaigns, and yet the campaigns on the home page are still going to the old thank you pages, even though I changed it out.

Can you guys manually turn off our caching? Or is there a reason why pressing the 'turn off caching' is not turning off caching?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

If I am understanding correctly, the issue you are experiencing is not caused by caching. Caching usually effects css, javascript, and html files. A redirect issue is usually something to do with settings in your AllProWebTools account.

I have filled out the signup box on your homepage (which is identified as boxid=12 in inspect element)

and it took me to http://www.goaheaddreambig.com/Thank-You-Newsletter/

I have checked your settings in your AllProWebTools console under "contacts" -> "signup boxes". I clicked on id# 12 and the webpage listed under "Thank You page" is the same page I was directed to: and it took me to http://www.goaheaddreambig.com/Thank-You-Newsletter/

Can you provide some more information about the issue?
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hey sorry,

I know this was from awhile ago, but thanks for your reply! As you had said, it was not a caching issue from APWT end, but a Chrome Browser caching issue at the time if I remember correctly.