Autoresponder for abandoned cart

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Andy1735
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:57 pm
Website: www.secretcompassonline.com

Autoresponder for abandoned cart

Postby Andy1735 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:00 pm

Is it possible to send an email out for an abandoned cart? I seem to remember talk about this but we would like to implement. Is there a tutorial?
User avatar
JohnB
Support Team
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:57 pm
Website: www.allprowebtools.com

Re: Autoresponder for abandoned cart

Postby JohnB » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:00 pm

Yes, it is possible to do just that!

First, you would want to create the email that you want to send out under "Emails->View Emails"

Next, you would create an email campaign under "Emails->Manage Campaigns" and select "Abandoned Carts" as the trigger, and add the email you would like to be sent out. This will send out your email to anyone who has an abandoned cart.

If you need help setting up email campaigns, here is a video that explains the process.



Please let me know if you have any more questions!
Andy1735
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:57 pm
Website: www.secretcompassonline.com

Re: Autoresponder for abandoned cart

Postby Andy1735 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Thanks John. I'm in the process of turning this on. We will be using the email to send out a 5% off coupon code with the hopes of securing the sale.

One thing I am concerned about: I would like to use an alias for the code, and I do have that working on the test emails. However, I also do not want customers being able to use the abandoned cart code more than once. If I set the code to single use, but use aliases, will the code be able to be used once (and only once) by each customer who uses it?

Also, is there a way to prevent the abandoned cart email from going out to a customer once they have used the code?

If you guys have best practices for implementing this I'm all ears :)
Chelsea2259
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:30 pm
Website: www.taxanista.com

Re: Autoresponder for abandoned cart

Postby Chelsea2259 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:40 am

I am curious about the abandoned cart trigger as well and how the coupon code would work. I send out a test, and used my personal information as if checking out as a customer and then I abandoned my cart. The notification came through to APWT when I abandoned my cart, but I found myself having to manually enter the contact to the campaign. How exactly does the trigger work with putting the email into the campaign?
Andy1735
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:57 pm
Website: www.secretcompassonline.com

Re: Autoresponder for abandoned cart

Postby Andy1735 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:42 am

I would like to know that as well. When exactly is the email sent out?
Andy1735
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:57 pm
Website: www.secretcompassonline.com

Re: Autoresponder for abandoned cart

Postby Andy1735 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:53 am

So, I've basically set this up so people with a buyers tag get an email just asking why they abandoned and if there's anything we can do to complete the sale, and another email for leads that contains a coupon code. I don't want to "train" customers to abandon carts to get the coupon.
User avatar
Paige
Support Team
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:41 am
Website: www.allprowebtools.com
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Contact:

Re: Autoresponder for abandoned cart

Postby Paige » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:05 am

Andy1735 wrote:One thing I am concerned about: I would like to use an alias for the code, and I do have that working on the test emails. However, I also do not want customers being able to use the abandoned cart code more than once. If I set the code to single use, but use aliases, will the code be able to be used once (and only once) by each customer who uses it?

Also, is there a way to prevent the abandoned cart email from going out to a customer once they have used the code?

If the original code is set to "Expire after one use" then each aliased code will work the same, as in each alias can only be used once. This gives you the ability to make one one time use code and make infinite one time use codes from it.

Once a customer uses the code and completes the order they will not be ale to use it again, nor will they be entered into the campaign again.

Chelsea2259 wrote:I am curious about the abandoned cart trigger as well and how the coupon code would work. I send out a test, and used my personal information as if checking out as a customer and then I abandoned my cart. The notification came through to APWT when I abandoned my cart, but I found myself having to manually enter the contact to the campaign. How exactly does the trigger work with putting the email into the campaign?

Customers that qualify to be put into an abandoned cart campaign are put into the campaign each night between 12 am and 4 am, this allows time for the customer to come back after a short amount of time and checkout with out automatically receiving an email. This is also the time frame that campaign emails are sent out.

Some users like to customize how many days before the abandoned cart email is sent, to do this you would set the 1st email in campaign to "Do Not send" and set the to sent the next email to send in 5 days (for example).
Chelsea2259
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:30 pm
Website: www.taxanista.com

Re: Autoresponder for abandoned cart

Postby Chelsea2259 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:11 am

Thank you!

I have another question, not about abandoned carts but it has to do with the store.

When checking out, customers are prompted to create an account. When testing this out, I tried to purchase another product and then sign into my existing account, but a message popped up say "your account has not been activated". Are accounts activated through APWT and how is that done?
Andy1735
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:57 pm
Website: www.secretcompassonline.com

Re: Autoresponder for abandoned cart

Postby Andy1735 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:14 am

Okay, just so I understand this correctly.

1. If a customer uses one of the aliases for the coupon, and then manages to get another alias somehow, are they able to use that second alias as well, even though it is for the same coupon code?

2. Suppose a lead abandons a cart, and then never uses the code. They then revisit the site sometime later, say in a month, and again they abandon the cart. You are saying they will NOT receive the abandoned cart email again?
User avatar
Paige
Support Team
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:41 am
Website: www.allprowebtools.com
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Contact:

Re: Autoresponder for abandoned cart

Postby Paige » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:21 am

Chelsea2259 wrote:When checking out, customers are prompted to create an account. When testing this out, I tried to purchase another product and then sign into my existing account, but a message popped up say "your account has not been activated". Are accounts activated through APWT and how is that done?

There are two settings that control this if you want to activate right away depending on different situations, both are under Settings > Store
  1. Wholesale > Reseller Activation, this should be set to "Activate Automatically"
  2. Membership > Verify Before Publish, this should be set to "No"
Chelsea2259
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:30 pm
Website: www.taxanista.com

Re: Autoresponder for abandoned cart

Postby Chelsea2259 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:41 am

That is what they were set too, and it still shows the accounts not activated. Is there a specific page that shows the accounts that need to be activated?
User avatar
Paige
Support Team
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:41 am
Website: www.allprowebtools.com
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Contact:

Re: Autoresponder for abandoned cart

Postby Paige » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Chelsea2259 wrote:That is what they were set too, and it still shows the accounts not activated. Is there a specific page that shows the accounts that need to be activated?


Are you able to find the contact you are attempting to login to in your CRM?

Return to “Help / How to use AllProWebTools”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests

cron