Change Thumbnail

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Char1983
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Change Thumbnail

Post by Char1983 »

When I save websites to my "favorites" they show a thumbnail next to them. So for instance, the AllProWebTools website I have on my favorites list has the AllProWebTools logo next to it, the Home Depot link has the Home Depot logo next to it, etc. But the logo next to my website is the AllProWebTools logo, not my logo (see screen shot).

I need to know how to change this.
Attachments
screen shot.jpg
screen shot.jpg (41.77 KiB) Viewed 5950 times
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Change Thumbnail

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for the picture, I love it when people include pictures with their question!

That icon there is controlled by your Favorite Icon, or favicon. This is the same icon that appears on the browser tab. You can customize your own easily in AllProWebTools.
  1. Get or create a square icon to use. The recommended size is 16 x 16 pixels.
  2. Login to your AllProWebTools and go to Settings->Company Information
  3. Click on the Favorite Icon tab.
  4. Click on Choose File and select the image file you want to use
  5. Click on the Save button
Because of internet caching (the way your computer saves information so webpages load faster) you may not see your new Favorite Icon appear right away. Start by holding the shift key and clicking the refresh button several times, and that will usually let you see your new changes.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
Char1983

Post by Char1983 »

Thanks John. I changed the file in my settings with no problem. But how many times is "several". I have refreshed my website several dozen times and still no luck. I have also deleted my cookies and restarted my computer, still no luck. I'm still seeing the AllProWebTools loco as my icon.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Typically refreshing 6 or 7 times while holding shift will do it.

I just went to visit the site and was able to see the burgundy check mark as your Favorite Icon.

When did you upload the new image? Enough time may have passed by now that you will see the change if you refresh your website again.

If it still doesn't appear, you can go to Settings->DNS Records and near the top right corner click Caching Off. This will turn caching off for your website, which makes your site load slower, but allows you to see changes to your site instantly. It will automatically turn Caching On after 3 hours of being off, so you don't have to worry about forgetting to turn it back on.
Char1983

Post by Char1983 »

I just turned off caching, it still shows your logo. I deleted cookies again, still nothing. Hit shift+refresh several more times, still no luck. I'm still seeing the AllProWebTools logo where mine should be. Do you have any other suggestions?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

I'm a little confused, because I can see your new Favicon when I visit your webpage.

If you hit Ctrl+Shift+Del on your keyboard, it should open the option to Clear Browsing Data or Clear Browsing History (or something like that). Make sure that you are deleting cached images and files (not just cookies) and you can try refreshing your page after that.

If you still can not see the updated icon, it may be best to contact me via Support Screenshare. If you need, here's a video about getting into the support center and starting a screenshare.

Markweaver2114

Post by Markweaver2114 »

Hi. I've tried to do this but get - Whoops! Your Favorite Icon must be either 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, or 64x64 pixels in size. [JAB14-66]. I don't know that I have the capability in terms of software to get my logo into that size, but I don't have more time to spend trying to crop it down to work. If I send a logo to you all, can you size it right and make it work? You did my website a few years ago, but your logo was left on the tabs, not mine. I'd like to change that.
Jkohut2146
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Jkohut2146 »

I'd love to help you with that, I'll give you call here in a minute.