Change a template color on the drop down menu bar

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Dhara1937
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Change a template color on the drop down menu bar

Post by Dhara1937 »

Hi.
I'm manipulating a template and need to change the dropdown menu background color.
I thought I found it and changed it and it worked in the 'inspect element' preview.
But when I copied and pasted the code into the stylesheet and refreshed the page, nothing actually changed.
Could you please tell me what I did wrong?
Here's the page http://www.suncatcher.systems/Residenti ... of-Images/ and you need to hover over the drop down menu to see the blue color I want to change to the green.
Here's the code I captured from the inspect element area and pasted into the stylesheet.

Code: Select all

.dropdown-menu>li>a:hover, .dropdown-menu>li>a:focus {
    color: #fba81c;
    background-color: #13773b;
}
Thanks for your help!
Dhara
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Change a template color on the drop down menu bar

Post by JohnB »

It looks as though you have the correct selector and everything. The most likely reason you are not seeing your changes is browser caching.

There are 2 things we can try.

First, hold the shift key on your keyboard while you hit the refresh button. Do this 5-7 times, and this will often force your browser to update it's cache and show the changes you've made. If this doesn't work, we have a second option.

Second, you can turn off caching for a 3 hour period while you make changes so that they appear instantly. You can turn this off by going to Settings->DNS Settings and you can turn off caching there. Here's also a video that may help:

Please let me know if this helps!
Dhara1937
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Re: Change a template color on the drop down menu bar

Post by Dhara1937 »

Hi John.
Thanks so much. That worked!