Add Recent Blog posts to a home page

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Add Recent Blog posts to a home page

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

Is there a way to add recent blog posts to an APWT homepage?

I do NOT want the entire blog to be the homepage, I just want the four most recent blog posts to show up on the home page, as like a 'our recent posts' section. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Add Recent Blog posts to a home page

Post by JohnB »

Hello!

This is fairly simple to accomplish using the page layouts in AllProWebTools.

When editing a webpage, you can click on the Settings tab to change the page layout. Under the Settings tab, you can find a setting titled Page Layout, and if you click the dropdown menu, the default AllProWebTools layout titled "Left column & content" will display 3 of your most recent blog posts in the left column, and your main content in the center of the page.

If you go to Settings->Administrator you can customize these layouts, or create your own, by clicking on Edit Custom Layouts underneath the Theme Editor box. If you are editing an existing layout, or creating a custom one, the specific line you need to worry about to get your blog posts to appear is this:

Code: Select all

<? select_article(3); ?>
Simply place that code segment where you would like the blog snippets to appear. You can also change the value "3" to whatever number of blog snippets you want to appear, so change to 4 if you would like the 4 most recent posts to appear.

Please let me know if I need to explain any part of this further!