How to add a Captcha to signup box

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

How to add a Captcha to signup box

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

Is there a way to add a captcha to an APWT sign up box? If so, how would we go about doing this? If not, is there another good way to stop spam from being entered into the form?

Thanks!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How to add a Captcha to signup box

Post by Dave »

Great question!

Spam filters are employed internally and there is no need to use a third-party Captcha system. If you are receiving spam, please provide details and the account that is receiving spam and we will add them to our internal spam filtering system.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay I will email you guys with the account names
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

We have just released a new CAPTCHA feature, you can learn more about it here: https://www.allprowebtools.com/New-from ... TCHA-4-5-/
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I have a few more questions regarding the Captcha on APWT sites.

Last time I spoke with someone from your team about this, they told me that it works is with the captcha setting turned on (with all the correct keys and all that) then a captcha has to be on every form - in other words, with the captcha setting turned on, a form without a captcha will not work.

However, we need this to work differently. We need the ability to pick and choose what forms the captchas go onto for both design and functionality. Let me know if this is at all possible.

Also, I am curious about the status of when the captchas will work on WordPress websites as well.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Thanks for the feedback!

We will certainly consider a non-global option for CAPTCHAs in a future release.

The WordPress plugin is still being tested and is in BETA, if you would like to check it out - you can download it directly from the WordPress website here: https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/ ... .1.1.0.zip

Report any issues with the BETA plugin here and we will address them ASAP.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

About how long will we need to wait until we get the ability to add captchas to only certain contact forms? We have a few clients waiting for this to happen.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

The new CAPTCHA system was just released 2 weeks ago, we are still in the process of rolling this out and monitoring how it performs in the wild.

The ability to add CAPTCHAs to some forms and not others is a new request and is currently going thru the research stage to assess feasibility and customer demand. We will keep this thread updated as this progresses.

Can you provide some case examples of why someone would choose NOT to protect a webform with a CAPTCHA? Doesn't that just mean that spammers will attack the unprotected forms?

Message to other AllProWebTools users: Please post here if you would like to vote to have the ability to add CAPTCHAs to some forms and not others. Currently we offer the ability to add a CAPTCHA to all or none.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

One main example for NOT having a captcha on a website that needs captchas is for websites that display a contact form horizontally across the page, as adding the captcha in that situation completely messes up the style and look of that section.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I have a question about how the APWT leadbox WordPress plugin works with Captchas. Do we need to have the Captchas turned on in the APWT admin in order for a captcha to appear on the WordPress APWT form?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Yes, the Recaptcha needs to be turned on.

The AllProWebTools Leadbox plugin for WordPress still relies on the Recaptcha settings in the AllProWebTools Administrator area. So this means that within AllProWebTools, under Settings->Administrator, you need correct values saved for the Recaptcha Site Key and the Recaptcha Site Secret, and it needs to be turned on.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I wasn't sure if this was a feature or not yet - but are we able to add Captcha's to an APWT form that is on a WordPress website yet? Some of our clients are getting spammed very, very badly and they have an APWT form on their WordPress site. Thanks, let me know.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Yes, anyone who has the latest version of AllProWebTools (version 4.51) will be able to setup Recaptcha Settings under Settings->Administrator.

If they have that option there, their Sign-Up Boxes will work with Recaptcha. And if their site is on Wordpress, it will still work, provided you use the AllProWebTools Leadbox Widget mentioned earlier in this forum thread.

Please let me know if you need more help getting it setup!