Login/Logout/My account links

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Login/Logout/My account links

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Hi!

i recently had found the PHP code to generate the Login/Logout/My Account links in the header of an AllProWebTools website. That PHP code works beautifully if it can be placed as stand-alone links in the top banner of an AllProWebTools website, but I"m finding are not easily added to the menu list of menu item links, so that the Login/Logout/My Account links are integrated into the menu bar. Is there a code that can be added to the end of the menu bar so that the links generated from the LOGIN script adds them into the menu list? They need to be styled and then be included in the mobile menu bar, and the easiest way to do this would be to get those AllProWebTools links somehow added into the template menu creation. Any tips on how to do that with the AllProWebTools header template when generating the menu list?
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Login/Logout/My account links

Post by Paige »

It does depends on each individual site and how you have it styled. But I have pulled off having the Login links in the navbar (and in the hamburger menu on mobile phones) in several different themes. Here are a few examples:

http://allprowebtoolsthemes.com/-extra-bold
http://allprowebtoolsthemes.com/-publisher
http://allprowebtoolsthemes.com/-rooted

If this doesn't help please let me know the site you are working on and I can take a closer look into helping you further.
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Hi Paige

What are the links for the login.logout and the my account to add to the menu bar? Can the login change to logout once they are logged in? And can the My Account not be available when logged out? Also, point me to the theme headers as an example.

Thank you!
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Hi Paige,

I installed the scripts following the themes you suggested. The only issue is that its adding a "-" between things and taking my menu bar much higher than it should be. What can I do to remove that "-" to minimize the size of the menu bar. I'm attaching a screen shot of the menu bar logged in page so you can see what I mean. Thank you!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Hello,

It sounds like you were able to successfully integrate the login/logout links into your menu bar except for one minor hiccup.

I do not see a screenshot attached, so if you could try posting the screenshot again, or even a link to the webpage you are working on, I'd be happy to help you figure this out.
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Hi! I'm getting this error

Error
Failed to move uploaded file.

on the file upload. I'm going to forward it over to support so you can see it.

Look for it there!

Thanks!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

See the attached
Attachments
screen3.png
screen3.png (251.22 KiB) Viewed 8024 times
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Thanks for letting us know about the upload - that has been addressed.

We have made an adjustment to the login and myaccount links. Please take a look at this and let us know your thoughts.
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Thank you Dave, I see that the login links in the menu bar are now aligned with the menu and no longer making the header taller than it needs to be.

Thank you for fixing that!