Changing meta tags in head

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Andy1735
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Changing meta tags in head

Post by Andy1735 »

I would like to change some of the meta tags in $headadd but I am not sure how to access this.
Brads326
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Changing meta tags in head

Post by Brads326 »

Can you provide more specific information regarding what you would like to change so that we can find the answer for you?
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Yes,

I want to have a different image here:

meta property="og:image" content="https://www.secretcompassonline.com/con ... -large.png"

And I want to have a small description here instead of text from the page:

meta property="og:description" content=""

I looked at the header file when editing the template and I see that there is some php code to print the headadd variable which contains this code. So I need to access that variable.

Thanks!
Brads326
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brads326 »

These can all be accessed by editing the webpage and updating the "SEO Information" tab. Here is how you get there:

1. Go to "Website" -> "My Webpages".
2. Click on the webpage that you would like to change.
3. Click the tab at the top that says "SEO Information".

Changing the field labeled "Description" will update the meta tag "og:description" content="" and changing the field labeled "Graph Image" will change the meta tag "og:image"

You can also access these same fields when editing blog posts and product descriptions.
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Thanks! Is there any way to make this a global change other than manually doing this to every web page?
Elizabeth
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Elizabeth »

According to Internet standard practice, these fields are expected to be unique for each webpage on your website. You can learn more about this here: https://moz.com/learn/seo/meta-description

It is possible that using the same meta description across all of your webpages will have negative effects on your website SEO.

However, if you are determined to have the same meta tag on every webpage of your website, any changes that you make to your header will appear on all pages of your website. You can access your header from the main menu by selecting "Settings" -> "Administrator" and then clicking on "Header" in the "Theme editor".