blog comment notifications?

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

blog comment notifications?

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi!
Is there any notification sent (either via email or in our dashboard) when we receive a new blog comment? I've looked at website>blog comments but there is only one very old random comment showing. I keep coming across comments on our blogs that are great that we've not responded to and/or spam comments that I'd like to delete quickly after they are posted. How can I better manage comments as they get posted?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: blog comment notifications?

Post by Dave »

By placing your Facebook Admin ID in the Head of your website, you will recieve notifications everytime a comment is made on your website using the Facebook Comment feature.

This is described in more detail here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/pl ... structions

To get your FB Admin code, go here and enter your personal profile URL: https://findmyfbid.com/

Once you have your FB Admin code, you will add the following line (replace the xxxxxx with your FB Admin code):
<meta property="fb:admins" content="xxxxxx" />

You can add as many of these lines as you wish to add additional users to be notified.

You can access your header from the main menu by selecting "Settings" -> "Administrator" and then clicking on "Header" in the "Theme editor".
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

ok great! I followed the link and have our FB Admin code.

I went to add it to our Header but there are actually already quite a few "meta property" listings for facebook in our <head>
"fb:pages"
"fb:app_id"
"fb:admins"

1) Should all of these have the same admin code? Currently they all have different codes?
2)Also within the <head> there are two sections with <meta property> listings.
There's the grouping under
<Head>
or still within <head> there a second section
<? HeadIncludes();
print $headadd; ?>
Does it matter where I add in the FB admin code?
thanks!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Yes, you already have a line that says: <meta property="fb:admins" content="100001267235836" />

Just add your new line right under it - it is ok to have multiple lines.
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Aloha! I added the meta property tag with our facebook admin but we are still not getting notifications when someone posts on a blog?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Please contact our Support Team via screenshare so that we may assist you further with this. Here is a video that shows you how to start a screenshare: