"&" shows as "&"

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

"&" shows as "&"

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi!
Whenever anyone uses the "&" symbol whether it is in their address or if it's in their gift message it shows up on the invoice as "&" How can we fix this so it stops happening as it doesn't look too business savvy? Thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: "&" shows as "&"

Post by JohnB »

Do you have an example invoice where the '&' symbol is printing incorrectly that you could forward to our support email?
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Sure thing! Will email over.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

I got your email and will be looking into this right away!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

If you check that invoice again, you should see it is printing correctly now. Please let me know if you have any more questions or if it is still printing incorrectly!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Ok great! Just checked and it's fixed :) Will it be fixed going forward for all new invoices or is this something that is going to have to get fixed on each invoice?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

I would expect this to be fixed going forward, but please let me know if this happens again and we need to take another look at it!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

a new order #21874 came through with "&" on the invoice. Will email a photo of it over to you. If you can check what's still causing this so we don't have to get the invoice fixed each time. thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

That is unfortunate news. I will make sure we look into that and I will let you know what we can do for you!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

another one came through today order #22517 with "&amp"
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thank you for letting us know again. We looked into it and have addressed the issue again. Hopefully this will not happen to you again, but please be sure to let us know if it does!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Looks like there is still something cause the "&amp" as the invoice for order #22641 came through today with it instead of just "&"
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for letting us know. Do you know how that order was created, and if the buyer has purchased from you before, or if they are a brand new buyer?
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

They are a brand new buyer and it was there first order ever. They placed the order directly from our website
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thank you! I will take that information to our programming team so they can keep working towards a solution for you!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Interestingly... This issue was actually separate from the previous.

We had addressed the issue of the "&" sign in the Company Name field. This latest occurrence was caused by a customer using the First Name field to hold 2 names. This was not the intention of the First Name field, but it doesn't cause any harm. So we have now fixed it so that the "&" sign will work in the First Name field as well.
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

oops another invoice just came through with "&amp" it's invoice #23815 and was a web order.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Thanks for letting us know.

It looks like the record that you are referring to was entered back on 08-11-2016 11:19 AM. This was around the time that you first reported the issue. It looks like we did update AllProWebTools to prevent this in the future, but this particular record had already been entered before we made the update.

I have fixed this record - let us know if you find anymore old records with this problem.
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

By old record do you mean they started this order by placing the items into their cart back on Aug 11th? The order processed through to us on Nov 6th so that's how we thought it was a new issue as the invoice we printed on Monday had the "&amp" on it.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

They created their "account" with you on 8/11/2016 where they entered their name, email, address, etc.

Once their account was created, every time they place an order, AllProWebTools uses the prior name, email, address, etc that was entered originally. Every subsequent order will use that contact info.
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi! A new order came through today with the "&" as "&amp" on the invoice. its buyer 25327 order 29144 and their account was created on 7/27/2017. I know an update last year fixed this but looks like for some reason it is reverting back with the latest update. If you could take a look. thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for letting us know!

We've had a chance to look into this, and believe we found how the "&amp" got into that particular buyer's company name, and it has been fixed to try and prevent this in the future.

We also corrected that invoice so it will display correctly for you. Please check it and make sure it looks correct.

I do not expect this to happen to you again, but if it does, please let us know and we'll make sure to look into it!