PayPal charged however no order generated

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

PayPal charged however no order generated

Post by Lfrailey173 »

A customer thought they placed an order and paid via paypal however no order generated in our system? They never received an email confirmation of the order nor do we have an order or invoice in our system for her. She received an abandoned cart email which prompted her to call. I checked her customer profile and all there shows is an abandoned cart from Aug 21st. I checked our Paypal account and sure enough she was charged $111.20 on Aug 21st. Can you please help look into how this happened? We seem to be having quite a few issues with orders being paid via PayPal lately. Also we are going to need an invoice generated for her order so we can send it to her. I can't find her customer ID number in her profile but the abandoned cart is 21248. thanks!
Elijah
Support Team
Support Team

Re: PayPal charged however no order generated

Post by Elijah »

Hey there!

Thanks for the report! We've already begun looking into the issue, but for now I can offer you an alternative fix:

If you go into the Customer ID (21248) and find the abandoned cart, you can create the order & pay for it with the "Admin" option, which is essentially selling it "on the house." That way you can complete and ship the order and your customer won't get double-charged!

I'll keep you posted on anything else we find, but please let us know if this happens again!
Lfrailey173

Re: PayPal charged however no order generated

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Ok thanks for looking into what is causing this! This is the second major issue we have had with PayPal from this same period. I tried to pay the abandoned cart 21248 however when I created the order it was double charging the shipping? $6.80 is listed twice. So I had to generate a new order and paid with "admin" which I never knew was an option so good to learn. If we can find out what caused the invoice to never generate that would be great!