Web orders state field issue

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Web orders state field issue

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi!
We've been seeing more and more issues with web orders coming through that have the customer's state spelled out vs the two letter abbreviation. This is causing issues with our endicia shipping program when we print shipping labels issues as it does not recognize the address as being valid. Is there a glitch that is causing this? I think customers are given a drop down menu to select their state that is in the two letter form so not sure how it then comes through on the order as fully spelled out.
examples:
order # 24131 address has California spelled out
order #24253 has Washington spelled out
Denise
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Web orders state field issue

Post by Denise »

Hi and thank you for letting us know! I reviewed these two orders and they were entered internally, not from the website. My apology for the inconvenience! Currently that field is not restricted to allow for international addresses to be entered. Great News! In the new version, if the Country is the US, the State will be a dropdown and will prevent this issue from happening again. The new version is set to be released in the next couple of weeks! Hope this helps and please continue to let us know if we can help again!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi!
Here's an example of a web order coming through where the customer profile address has no state input into the state field so on the actual order the state is fully spelled out which causes Endicia to error out. Buyer 23477 and order 28294
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

According to the record for this buyer# 23477 - their account was created on 2/21/2017, but they placed their first order on 6/15/2017. I believe your account was still on the older version on 2/21/2017 - and that is why they were able to create their account without the state.

This issue was addressed in the latest version, which you have now been upgraded to.

Let us know if you see this again.