'New Order' Issue in the back end.

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

'New Order' Issue in the back end.

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I wasn't entirely sure which Board to post this on, but I think that it applies in the 'bug' category.

Anyway, I noticed an Issue today while working with a client. She has many products in her store that are named very similarly, as they are events that she has throughout the year. Recently, this client went to go create a 'New Order' through her back end for one of her clients. She did this by going to a contact profile page, and clicking on the white 'new order' button at the top of that page, right above the 'contact information' section.

Okay, so from there this client went to go type in the Item that she wanted to purchase for her client. She was originally confused as to which product to choose, since the product name that is displayed in that dropdown is going off of the 'SEO Product Name', not the 'Product Name' section that is found in the Edit Product page. I have now renamed those 'SEO Product Names' to fix this confusion, but I am now realizing an even further problem. This client has more than five products that all start with the same word... she probably has more than ten. Yet when you type in the word into the 'Item' section within the green 'Cart' module on the 'New Order' page, only five of those products are displayed. There is no way to scroll through that drop down to see the other products that have the similar name, so if she were to theoretically want to purchase a product that starts with that same name that cannot be found in that drop down, then how does she go about choosing that product?

I really hope you can understand all of that. I am trying to not give away who this client is so i'm being very vague... but I hope you can follow. The main issue is that not all of the products are being shown in the 'New Order' drop down when I believe that they should all be displayed. This is not an immediate issue, just something I wanted to bring forward to you guys in case you weren't aware of this.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: 'New Order' Issue in the back end.

Post by JohnB »

Hello!

Thanks for reporting this to us (and you were actually very descriptive, which I appreciate). As far as finding products when creating a new order from the console, I'll try to outline a few different possible solutions or ideas for you below.

First, when you start typing, you can search for the product by the Product Name, the SEO Product Name, or the SKU number. However, it will always display the SEO Product Name in the dropdown. So you actually can still search the normal Product Name, but the SEO Name is what will appear in the dropdown of selections.

This is intentional, so that you have the ability to give products 2 names. The Product Name would be visible on the website side, and the SEO Product Name is only visible in the console side.

Now, to get around the fact that you can only see 5 products at a time. The first way to deal with this, is that you don't have to start typing your product from the first word. You can start typing any piece of the Product Name and it will search for matches. For example, a product named "Blue Cloth Doll" will still show up in my results if I search "Doll" or even the "oth" part of cloth.

The second way to deal with this, is to change the product type search to a dropdown list. If you head to Settings->Store in your AllProWebTools console, and then go to the Checkout tab, there is a setting titled "Type of Product Dropdown." You can change this to "Dropdown List of Products" and whenever you go to create a new order in the console, you will have a dropdown of products listed, instead of typing the name to find it.

The third way to deal with this, would be to make sure each product has a unique SKU number. Since you mentioned your client has mostly event products, these numbers could even be the dates of the event. So, if the event happens on December 1, 2016, you could place "20161201" as the SKU number, you will be able to easily find the product that way. The key here would be to use a consistent method of assigning the SKU so that it doesn't make the problem more confusing than it needs to be.

Please let me know if this helps you find a workable solution, or if you have any more questions!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Re: 'New Order' Issue in the back end.

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Cool, thanks for those solutions.

I like the idea of the SKU number, and having the client search for her products in that way. I can suggest this to her for her future classes. I think I'll also play with the dropdown list as well to see how that works.

But yeah, thanks again for those suggestions!