Crediting one item voids entire transaction

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Cfisher2118
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Crediting one item voids entire transaction

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Inv 9912 shipping was accidentally charged
inv 9913 is the return invoice for shipping charge only

But in authorize.net, it shows that the entire transaction has been voided. Also, the sales report does not show the item that was not refunded.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Crediting one item voids entire transaction

Post by JohnB »

Hello,

In regards to the Sales report, it does appear to be displaying correctly for me. If I head to Reports->Sales->Sales Stats and change the date selector in the top right to This Month it will show 3 of that item (product id 1004) being sold between 2/1/2017 - 2/28/2017, which appears to be correct to me. If this is not the case, could you show me how you know that report is incorrect? You can attach screenshots in the forum here, or start a screenshare support.

As for Authorize.net, I can not say for sure what is happening without seeing it. AllProWebTools will send a request to partially refund the credit card charge, but each credit card processor handles the details of how this happens slightly differently. If you could add your Authorize.net login and password into your password manager, or start a screenshare to show us the issue in Authorize.net, that would be helpful in guiding you to the right solution.

Please let me know if you have any more questions, and feel free to start a screenshare support to get this taken care of!
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

I narrowed the report down to 2/3/17, and it doesn't show in this report: Report->Accounting->Sales Report

The Sales Stat Report shows one of these items being sold, but at $159, not the $143.10 at which it was sold in the order of question.

Authorize.net still shows the entire transaction as voided, so apparently this is not working in Authorize.net.

Unless you believe there is a way to adjust the settings in authorize.net, we might just have to process partial credits manually in the merchant account gateway, and then process them as cash in AllProWebTools.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

The report "Sales Stats" has a column at the end that shows all discounts. The report was designed to show the MSRP on the left and the discounts applied in the last column on the right. If you apply the discount from the right to the total on the left, I expect that your accounting will balance.

We have confirmed the issue that you are describing with the refund performing a void on the transaction in Auth.net. This ONLY occurs if you do a refund on the same day as the original charge was made to the card. This is because Auth.net does not allow partial refunds until after the transaction has gone through the daily batch process. I do not believe you will be able to do a partial refund even when logging directly into your Auth.net account due to this limitation. If you do find a way, please let us know here.

If you wait until the next day to perform the partial refund (either in AllProWebTools or Auth.net) you will be able to apply the partial refund correctly.

We will be addressing this behavior with a warning message so that our users cannot inadvertently void orders when attempting to perform a partial refund. Thanks so much for reporting this!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

This has been addressed in version 4.51 of AllProWebTools

You can read more here