address missing from customer profile and order

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

address missing from customer profile and order

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi!
We seem to be having some tech issue as we are seeing customer orders come through with no shipping address on the order. At first I thought it was just a fluke but this is the third one. The customer ID is 24340 and his invoice number is #27584. Not only is there no address on the order but his customer record has no address info. I asked him if he remembers putting his address at any point and he said no. Once he added the items to his cart he said he proceeded to check and was taken to the payment screen and then later noticed on his email invoice that there was no shipping info......I have his correct shipping address but have not added it yet so you can take a look and hopefully find out how the system let him do this. thanks!
Lfrailey173

Re: address missing from customer profile and order

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Just found another from the weekend...customer id 24377 and order 27580. He does have an address on his customer profile however the address/shipping on his actual order is blank. Left him a voicemail to find out where he wants it shipped and get more details on what he saw/did in the checkout process for the shipping address
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Hello, this is very strange.

When you click on the Checkout button after adding items to your cart, you are immediately taken to a screen asking you to sign in. Here you either sign in with an existing account, or select "No, I am a new customer" which will take you to a screen where you create a new account, including entering an address.

Could you please find out a little bit more about what this customer say and did to get to the checkout screen, specifically:
  1. Did they see the login screen after clicking Checkout?
  2. Did they create a new account or login with an existing account?
  3. And if they created a new account, did they enter an address?
That, and any other information you can get about what he saw on the way to checkout would be extremely helpful!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Oh, and thank you for leaving hid address as it was, but feel free to enter it in so you can ship the order now!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Customer 24340 is a new customer so once he added the items to the cart and clicked "checkout" he created a new account. He says he was never asked to input his address when creating an account or checking out.

Customer 24377 is an existing customer so once he added items to his cart and clicked "checkout" he then signed in with his existing account info. his address was showing in the shipping info when he signed in and proceeded to process payment.

The other two from last week I never wrote down the buyer ID's until I realized this was a trending problem today.....the two from last week were existing customers....one placed an order with they address on their profile and the other was shipping the order to his brother and he says he did input the name and address however he noticed when he received the email invoice the shipping section was completely blank. Hope this info helps sort this out!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Do you remember the order that customer 24377 had no address on?

And if this happens again, could you please notify us again before editing the address, just like you did this time! That will help us isolate the problem!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

yes it was his most recent order number #27580 but it now has his address added as we shipped it out yesterday.
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi John!

Another one came through this morning. Buyer ID 23606 and order number 27972. He has no address on his profile and no phone number. Just first and last name and email address. I emailed him to get address and ask him what he saw in checkout screen. He said when he went to check out the credit card number came up, so he presumed the address was saved in my profile. I have not added the shipping address to his profile or to the order so you can take a look at this before i modify it. thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thank you for continuing to observe and report this to us, and thank you for allowing us to look at the order before you corrected the address. We were able to address this issue, and hopefully prevent an order without an address from occurring again, so feel free to correct the address on that order now.

We were able to make some quick updates based on what we found out from looking at this order that should prevent this from happening again, and make sure that customers with an incomplete address get a warning before they check out.

As always, please let us know if any issues arise!