Problem returning email inquiries

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Char1983
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Problem returning email inquiries

Post by Char1983 »

When I receive inquiries through our website it appears to be from "High Mark Manufacturing, Inc. Contact Page Submission [[email protected]]" instead of from the person who sent the message. This is fairly recent, it looks like it started in April.

The same messages appear on the Dashboard of my AllProWebTools Web Tools from "unknown", also not showing the email address of the person making the inquiry.

For serious inquiries or for anyone I need to provide a quote to, I print off the email message to keep in my file. With no contact information, I don't have a complete file. Please correct this feature to function the way it used to and include the email address on our Dashboard.
Attachments
screen shot.1.jpg
screen shot.1.jpg (103.23 KiB) Viewed 4244 times
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Problem returning email inquiries

Post by Dave »

We recently received numerous reports from our users that they were not receiving email notifications when visitors to their website would fill out the contact box. After investigating this issue, we found that due to Spam filtering policies on the Internet, we are no longer able to send emails that "appear" to be from someone else's email address. If we do, your email program will put it in your Spam folder, or prevent you from seeing it completely.

In order to be sure that you will receive your notifications, we are required to send emails to you from a "registered" email address that we own. That is the reason for the [email protected].

We did build the system so that you can still hit the "reply" button and reply to the correct email address.

We determined that it is more important to ensure that you receive ALL of the emails from the contact form on your website, and that by hitting the reply button in your email, you are still able to communicate with your clients.

We would love to hear any suggestions from you in how we can improve this system! Would it help if the sender's email address was printed at the top of the email body?
Char1983

Post by Char1983 »

I understand the change now that you have explained the issue. And yes, I would find it helpful if the sender's email address was in the body of the message. And perhaps you can add have a required field for their name.

Thank you.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

We just pushed out a quick update that will allow you to view the contact's email address in the body of the email. It will appear at the top with a line that reads "Message from:" and then it will display email address, and the message body on the next line.

Please let me know if you have any questions!
Char1983

Post by Char1983 »

That's perfect - thank you for making that change!