New Stylesheet look

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

New Stylesheet look

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I have to say I am liking the new layout for the Stylesheet editor for version 4.61.

However, I am having some issues with it as well.

When I copy some lines out of there and paste it into a notepad (text file), there are no line breaks at all... even though I copy multiple lines, I need to go through and manually break it up now so I can make edits within the text file.

Can this be fixed so it worked how it used to - when someone copies and pastes from there, the line breaks are still in there. Thanks
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Re: New Stylesheet look

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I am adding on to this, as I have noticed another problem with how this works.

There used to be a little button in which you could search through the style sheet. That is now missing. Now the only way to search through the style sheet is to use ctrl+f to bring up the browser's search. Yet in Chrome and in Firefox, I am having an issue that the ctrl+f search, if the class I'm looking for is not on the screen, then the search does not find it. This is an issue as we have some really massive stylesheets and finding anything in them is already difficult, but now with the search working this way it's almost impossible to find what we need. This is a pretty immediate issue as we need to be able to find and edit classes this week to one of our clients's sites.

Can a search icon be added back to the stylesheet editor please that worked how it used to?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for letting us know about this!

We're going to be looking into this and I will post here when he have some more information.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Any updates on this? We are going to need to make changes into one of our sites very soon and absolutely need the ability to search through the stylesheet.

Thanks.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

You should be able to copy and paste the stylesheet into Notepad without issue now.

As for the find feature, we are still looking into that, but we should be able to add a find feature relatively soon.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

We were able to add a basic Find Next button for you in the stylesheet editor. We hope to be adding onto and improving this Find feature in the near future, but hopefully this will make things easier for you in the meantime!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

We were able to make some more changes to the stylesheet editor that should help you out!

We've added to the Find Next button so that there is now search for the previous, find all, or replace text.

A set of undo/redo buttons have been added as well.

Please let me know what you think, or if you have any other questions!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

If you were using the previous version yesterday, you may need to hit shift+refresh on your browser a few times to load the most up-to-date code for the search system.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Yes, thanks for adding the search back in, that works well
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I have noticed that while typing in a stylesheet, things are being autofilled for me, like if I create a <p> tag, it creates the ending tag...

This is throwing me off and distracting me like crazy. It's a cool feature... but can I switch it off? It's not really complimenting how I write code in there at all.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for the feedback!

We're looking into a way to allow you to turn that feature on/off. I'll post back here when we have more information!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

We've just pushed out a small update that will allow you to turn that "Auto Pairing" feature on and off.

It should appear as a switch underneath the undo/redo buttons.

If it doesn't seem to be working, try holding the shift key while you refresh the page a few times, and see if that helps.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Thanks, John! It seems to be working but I can let you know if I experience any issues with it.