Data from Sign-Up Box Submission

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Cfisher2118
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Data from Sign-Up Box Submission

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Before the update to 4.0, the custom fields would just print to the workflow timeline for the contact. It is nice having the custom fields as part of the main contact record with the new release. But do you think it is possible to also have form submission data continue to print to the workflow timeline as they did before? For instance, we use the sign-up box for product registration. And customers will often submit different submissions for different products, or for separate orders placed at different times. Before 4.0, the data from each submission could be found in the workflow timeline. Now, the data from the new submission replaces the data from previous submissions, causing previous submissions to be lost. It would be fine if old data was replaced with new data in Custom Fields, as long as old data could still be found in the workflow timeline. Since this was how 3.05 worked, would it be easy to restore this particular feature, without interfering with the new feature of Custom Fields as part of the Main Contact Record?
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Data from Sign-Up Box Submission

Post by Paige »

Thank you so much Casey for suggesting this! Removing this was meant to streamline the data but I can see how it would be a inconvenience compared to how it used to work. We will work on adding it back in.
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Thanks Paige. I think you could have the best of both worlds with this. Streamlining the data, while still being able to keep a record of previously-entered data.
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

I also just realized that the new streamlined sign-up box system does not register checkbox and radio buttons selections like it did before. Since your sign-up boxes do not offer options for checkboxes and radio buttons, I had coded my own into the forms generated by sign-up boxes. Before, the checkbox/radio button option selected showed up in workflow timeline, but now it does not show up anywhere. So this is another good reason to allow custom field results to be written into the timeline as they did before the update. Otherwise, there is no option (that I know of) to incorporate a checkbox or radio button into a form.