Miscellaneous Suggestions

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Cfisher2118
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Miscellaneous Suggestions

Post by Cfisher2118 »

1. Ability to search by customer PO #.

2. Ability to generate a Packing List (same as invoice, but with pricing removed). This would be nice to have for those of us who offer drop-shipping to our dealers, and for customers/distributors who don't want their shipment-receiving personnel seeing what the company paid for incoming items.

3. Ability to create shipping rate groupings (tiered or flat-based) according to geographic location. Perhaps an option whether or not to add geographic parameters to a tiered setting. If yes, then we could choose which states to include. So, for instance, if you are shipping from California, you could create three rate classes for each shipping method you offer, and for each tier; one for the western third of the continental U.S., one for the middle third, and one for the eastern third, with the rate set higher as you go from west to east. And then you could set even higher rates for Hawaii and Alaska.

4. Ability to match for street address in the AVS system, in order to make the shopping cart fully PCI-compliant.

5. In wysiwyg (webpage) editor, make it so you can highlight an item, and then go straight to that element in the source code.

6. Customized freight/shipping charge option in Shipping Manager, which allows you to just enter the shipping cost. This would be good for a LCL delivery/freight-line quote, which can vary depending on carrier, geography, and even the part of town being delivered to, and whether or not a lift-gate will be needed, etc. You can simply create an inventory item for this, but it would be nice for a customized freight quote to show up in shipping in the reports instead of inventory.

7. In the shopping cart, after a buyer fills out the address form, they are kicked back to the shopping-cart.php page. To me, this seems unnecessary and redundant, because they have the ability to review the order on the secure-order-summary.php page (where shipping option is chosen and cc info entered). It would be better to have an "edit cart" link on this page that takes you back to the shopping-cart.php page if they wanted to change anything. The way they are diverted back to the shopping-cart.php page almost feels like a hiccup in the system. If you are going to do this, perhaps allow a bold headline to appear over the shopping cart that indicates something like, "Review Your Order Before Paying".

Also, I think it would be better if the edit address link would just take them back to the secure-create-buyer.php page, since it would also give them the ability to edit their name and email address. The current system take them to the myaddresses.php, which is a little glitchy (in one test order, all the states disappeared from the drop-down menu), and has at least one glaring misspelling. And then you have to hit the back button on the browser to get back to the secure-order-summary.php.

Overall, it is a great system that does just about everything that I need.
Cfisher2118

Re: Miscellaneous Suggestions

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Since I'm messing with it right now, I am reminded of some of the specific issues with the Edit address function in the shopping cart. I tried to add a different address, and even when I choose "Ship to this address" (the new address), it keeps going back to the old address. And it is "Your other addresses" that is misspelled ("adresses").

I found that if you initially enter an international address, and then try to edit to a U.S. address, it will only work if you change the country to US, and then save that address, and go back into it and change the state on the second attempt. It's probably something that would rarely come up, but it would if an international customer was unable to place an order, and then tried to ship to a U.S. address instead (like a friend, family member, U.S.-based office).
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Miscellaneous Suggestions

Post by Paige »

Thank you so much for your suggestions in such thorough detail! We will consider all of these when we are planning our future versions.