Can there be real menu bar structure?

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Can there be real menu bar structure?

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

The way that you go about adding pages to the menu bar now is not a good experience at all. Whenever it needs to be reordered or changed, it is very time consuming to go and click through all the different pages to make all the specific edits to get it into a specific order.

Would it at all be possible to create a 'real' menu bar structure - similar to how WordPress does it? This way, we could build out multiple menu bars and assign one to be the menu bar and have others as backups or alternate versions for various reasons. It would also make building out a menu bar far easier and quicker as well.

After post-edit: has been moved to this forum in Report Bugs

Thanks!
Last edited by Agalassi1792 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Can there be real menu bar structure?

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for the suggestion, particularly the point about being able to save multiple menu bars!

We'll keep this in mind when planning future version of AllProWebTools!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Thanks, John!

I just edited my initial post - didn't realize you'd be on top of the reply so fast, but thanks for your quick reply!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thank you for letting us know about that and for providing great detail!

I've moved your edit to this forum in Report Bugs, and I will reply to that forum once I've had a chance to look into this a little more!
Dru2807

Post by Dru2807 »

This would be very helpful. I dread having to re-order pages. Foreseeing that, I assigned pages by 10, 20, 30, etc., so I could more easily slip a page in between in the future.

Although I have thought of one workaround, I would suggest reflecting the page sequence (and parent-child relationships) in the display of pages. Please don't stop there, then allow us to simply drag and drop to re-order and re-structure the menu. WordPress makes this simple, while they separated the menu feature altogether. If you did this, you could allow for separate menus, such as being able to create a footer menu in the same way.

Drag-and-drop would be my first request, personally.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for sharing that tip!

We are actually looking into adding some drag-and-drop to allow for re-ordering options in the next version of AllProWebTools, 4.62. It's unclear if this will affect how the menubar structure is changed in this next version, but that will follow shortly after.

We just need some time to work on this next version to improve AllProWebTools for you!