My contact list

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Danraabe2023
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

My contact list

Post by Danraabe2023 »

I had the bright idea to dump my contact list, reformat and add to my .csv file and upload the new file. I haven't sent any emails to the group yet but It's time to start.

How do I delete the entire list and start over? There are 1200 names on the list and at about 1 minute per deletion that's about 20 hours of work.

Also, in scrolling through the list, that too is perverse. It can take 1+ minute to continue to add data to the file and if I delete even one entry, I have to go to page one and start over. Is it not possible to load the list 100, 500, 1000 entries at a time and stay with that selection after editing or deleting?

This is too brutal. I can't see how this works to my advantage.
Elijah
Support Team
Support Team

Re: My contact list

Post by Elijah »

Hey there Dan, sorry for the late reply!

We can definitely make your life easier here by deleting all of your CRM contacts!

We just need a 'written request' as proof, right here on the forum. Any time you're ready!
Danraabe2023

Post by Danraabe2023 »

What about the second point? How can I see the whole list? Is there a way to load the whole contacts list and avoid waiting for 10+ contacts at a time?
Elijah
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Elijah »

I totally agree with you on that point, Dan! It's ridiculous how long you have to wait for the entire list to load, but there's no way to currently see the full thing...
Currently, we're working on a solution to erase this pain, so you can view the entire list without waiting. But, it's not going to be ready until our next version release at the very least.

Until we manage to get it fixed, you can always download your entire database as a .csv to make changes (like it seems you already have been), or you can use our search function to get to individual contacts much faster instead of waiting for the entire page to load.

Again, we're sorry that it's such a hassle, but we're aware of it, and are working on it!
But like I mentioned in the previous message, what we can do to make your life easier right now is delete all of your CRM records if you wish!
Danraabe2023

Post by Danraabe2023 »

Yes let's delete the current list and I'll upload a new .csv file. It would be nice if all the contacts in the list had the same starting point with the same tags and information.

One thing I can't figure out is the Managed By-Status-Tags-Filter-Snowmaker buttons when I go to contacts-->view all
If I select Snowmaker then all the contacts go away. How do I get back to the list? and how do I put individual contacts into the Snomaker list?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Hello Dan!

I wanted to let you know that we got your contacts cleared out, and you should be able to start again fresh now! Please let us know if you run into any issues!

In regards to the filter buttons on top of the Contacts->View All page, here is a video that explains exactly how to use those filter and sort options.

Danraabe2023

Post by Danraabe2023 »

Thanks. You cleared out my contacts but between #25 and #26 the whole formatted display changes. At entry 26 it loses the first column that says "lead" and the whole spreadsheet moves one column to the left.

I'm not understanding this behavior at all. I checked the spreadsheet and all the columns line up.

Also is there a way to find the duplicates that it didn't upload so that I can delet them from the spreadsheet?
Elijah
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Elijah »

Thanks for reporting this, Dan.

We are currently looking into it.
Did this happen before we cleaned out your contacts?
What browser (Chrome/Firefox etc) and computer (PC/Mac) are you using?
Danraabe2023

Post by Danraabe2023 »

Yes it was happening in Firefox before. Curiously it is not happening on my iPad and I think this is Safari.
Danraabe2023

Post by Danraabe2023 »

Also I'm using a PC at home with Windows 10
Elijah
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Elijah »

Hey Dan, we've fixed this issue for you!

Let us know if anything else pops up, and thanks again for reporting your findings!
Danraabe2023

Scrolling the contact list

Post by Danraabe2023 »

Scrolling through the contact list is impossible.

1- I have to see the whole list. Just like a spread sheet
2- You cannot search the list. You can only search the entries that have been downloaded
3- If you select an entry on the list you cannot again view the entire list that was previously downloaded. You have to start over at the top
4- None of this works on my ipad. And when I search for a name it mixes up the names and email addresses in the record. It doesn't bring up the correct information. email: person A name: person B
Danraabe2023

viewing my contact list

Post by Danraabe2023 »

Apologies:

I went to my list and looked at all the entries and they seem to be accurate. Somewhere in the imported list there is an error.
If you go over my list somewhere in the k's it begins to mess up. Around lead #240. The emails no longer match the owner.

You will have to remove the list so I can start over.

The list has no missing emails. There are no spaces. The upload should be accurate.