Credit Remaining Stuck in the Negative

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Cfisher2118
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Credit Remaining Stuck in the Negative

Post by Cfisher2118 »

When refunding an order, I tried to refund it via Account Credit, and somehow, a negative balance for "Credit Remaining" occurred instead. It should be a positive balance of $31, for Allegro Medical. I've since tried everything I could think of to reverse it, but it is stuck at -$62. How can I get it to positive $31?
Elijah
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Credit Remaining Stuck in the Negative

Post by Elijah »

Thanks for reporting this! We're currently looking into it for you.

Were there any error messages you were experiencing when trying different methods to get the account credit back up?

Also if you can recall, which methods did you try to get the account credit back to being positive $31?
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Hi Elijah,

There were no error messages. So after trying to just refund the amount to Account Credit, and finding that it put it into the negative instead of the positive, I tried to create an "Account Credit" order, and pay it with Cash, which usually adds a positive balance to Credit Remaining.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Refunding an order removes the method of payment that was used and returns the order to "unpaid" status. This should not affect the customer's credit balance.

"Account Credits" are a product type that allows you to "sell" account credits that are applied to the customer's account. "Account Credits" can be used later as a "payment method" (much like cash, or check) to pay for a future invoice - only for orders processed in the console (the customer cannot apply his own account credits to pay for an order placed on the website)

A negative account credit would indicate that the customer has no credit with you and actually owes you the amount indicated. To bring the customer's account balance back to zero, the customer needs to make a payment in that amount. This can be achieved by "selling" some additional account credits to the customer in the amount of the deficit. This order should NOT be paid with account credits, rather it should be paid with cash, check, bad debt, or "admin" - if you are not taking actual payment from the client.