Individual and Business Contacts

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Rosie2259
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Individual and Business Contacts

Post by Rosie2259 »

I have a question.
We have many individual clients, and some also have businesses, that are treated as a separate entity.
Is there a way to add each business as a separate contact with the same email as the individual who owns the business?
When I have tried to add a business as a contact, the system tell me that there is a contact with the same email and asks if I want to merge.
I don't want to merge the contacts as they are separate entities.
Can someone help?

rosie
Elijah
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Individual and Business Contacts

Post by Elijah »

Hi Rosie!

As it stands, we use the email addresses as unique identifiers for each contact. This means that you can't have the same email for two different (or in this case, similar) CRM records.

I do have a solution for you, though! If you were to go into the "business" CRM contacts, instead of the "individual", you would be able to leave the email field blank, and instead use the "Other Contact Information" box. From there, you can select the "Email address" dropdown option and store the business' email in that field instead of the regular one you're used to!

I hope that makes sense!!
Please let us know if you have any further questions!
Rosie2259

Post by Rosie2259 »

Thank you Elijah,
One thing I'm unsure of, If you were to go into the "business" CRM contacts, instead of the "individual, I'm not sure where to find it?
I thought there was only 1 contact list. Where do I find the Business CRM contact?
Elijah
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Elijah »

My mistake for not clarifying, Rosie!

You mentioned you were going to add individuals as well as their businesses as separate CRM contact records, those are the "individuals" and "businesses" I was referring to. I hope that makes more sense! If not, I'll find a better way to explain myself, haha!

Sorry for the confusion!!
Rosie2259

Post by Rosie2259 »

I understand....thank you!!