adding a "classification" to a timesheet

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Dhara1937
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

adding a "classification" to a timesheet

Post by Dhara1937 »

Hi.
I'm trying to complete a timesheet for some work I'm doing on a client's website.
I've completed all the timesheet prompts, except for the requirement of 'choosing a classification'.
Since there is no green "add a classification' button, like there is for "common tasks" and "project code", how do I add a "classification" and what exactly IS a classification?
Thanks for your help!
Dhara
Dhara1937
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Re: adding a "classification" to a timesheet

Post by Dhara1937 »

Okay. So I watched the video on how to build a timecard and learned how to create classifications.
I am going through my own website to bill this client. Neither my client nor I have installed the CRM tool. Is that why I can't create classifications and complete a timecard?
Thanks.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

While you do need the CRM webtool to be able to create timecards for specific clients, you actually need the Commerce webtool.

Since you are a certified AllProWebTools expert, you can add the Commerece webtools for free under Settings->Webtools

Once you've done that, you can create new timecard classifications by creating a new product. Just go to create a new product either through Store->View Products or through the "Add New" menu when you click on the + on the top menu bar.

When you create your product, make sure to choose "hourly" as the product type. Then when you go to your timecard, you can choose between your "hourly" products as your different classifications!
Dhara1937
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Dhara1937 »

Awesome! Thanks, John!
Dhara1937
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Dhara1937 »

When I went to add "commerce" inside my own website (where I am certified as an APWT expert), the price of $15/month did show up.
But you're saying I won't be charged that extra $15/month for adding the 'commerce' functionality to my website in order to build timesheets, correct?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Yes, since you are a certified expert, you will not be charged the $15 for the commerce webtool, but please let us know if you notice anything wrong on your next billing cycle!