Suggestion for Import Contacts error handling - I'd love not to have to start from scratch

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Suggestion for Import Contacts error handling - I'd love not to have to start from scratch

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Hello,

I just finished uploading a spreadsheet of contacts for a client, and adding the custom fields. Or so I thought. I hit "save", and was informed that all the fields have to be unique.

At this stage, there's a big problem: instead of simply telling me which column had a duplicate entry and asking me to fix it, it undid ALL my work and sent me back to square one. Given that this client has a lot of custom fields, this is a BIG time-waster for me.

I've noticed that this problem crops up a lot in AllProWebTools. If a process is interrupted, like if you have to add a new tag partway through the process or something, it deletes ALL of your progress and puts you back to square one.

If you could change the import process so that, instead of needing to start from scratch every time something goes wrong or needs to be added, it preserves the user's progress and allows us to make the change and then pick up where we left off, it would save a lot of wasted time. I'll let you know when I notice other specific areas where this problem of deleting progress occurs.

Thank you so much!

Stephanie
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Suggestion for Import Contacts error handling - I'd love not to have to start from scratch

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for pointing this out to us! We will be working to improve the contact uploader in the very near future, I'll keep you updated here on the forum!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Suggestion for Import Contacts error handling - I'd love not to have to start from scratch

Post by JohnB »

This specific issue regarding the contact uploader has been addressed. Particularly in the case where you have duplicate columns that you try and upload, you should find that you do not have to reload your file, and it should be more clear which columns need to be changed.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions!
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Thank you so much! This will make my life a lot easier. I really appreciate it. :)