Facebook preview image is always the template image

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Facebook preview image is always the template image

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Hello,

I've been noticing a problem with my blog images and Facebook. When I post a link to a blog post on FB, SOMETIMES it will put the blog image I chose in the preview, but most of the time it uses the coffee cup logo that was originally in my site's template.

Even if I put an image in the body of the blog, in the "image" slot in the blog post's "settings" tab, AND in the image slot in the "SEO" tab, that darn coffee cup keeps winning out. Same goes for if I post a link to my home page in Facebook's PM system. Not great for branding. :oops:

Is there a way to purge the coffee cup from my system entirely, or to otherwise make it stop showing up? It's especially troublesome when posting in groups - for some reason, FB groups won't allow posters to change the image in their link previews, so it's the coffee cup or nothing.

Thanks in advance, and have a great day.

Stephanie
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Facebook preview image is always the template image

Post by JohnB »

Could you provide us with a link to one of the blog posts where you are experiencing this problem?
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Sorry for the delayed reply; here's one of the posts where I encountered this issue: http://www.coachclientconnection.com/To ... m-Success/
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Facebook provides a tool where you can check for errors in your URL. Here is the tool: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

When I ran the URL that you provided on that tool, it told me that "Provided og:image URL, http://www.coachclientconnection.com/co ... _clock.png was not valid because it did not meet the minimum size constraint of 200px by 200px."

You might try uploading a larger image that meets FaceBook's minimum requirements.
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Thanks, Dave! That explains a lot. Would the larger image have to be in the body of the blog post, or does Facebook also look at the image uploaded in the "settings" or "SEO" tab as candidates?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

The only image that FaceBook looks at is under the "Seo Information" tab and then where it says "Graph Image".
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Good to know. Thank you very much!