'bounced' emails in email statistics

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

'bounced' emails in email statistics

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hey APWT Team,

So within the email editor, there is the email statistics area that has all the very helpful information as 'opened', 'unopened' and so forth.

One of our clients today brought up a good point. There is no 'Bounced' Email section. So what that means is like what if the email address associated with a contact is an old email that doesn't exist anymore, or its a fake email address that someone just put in. Could there be a section in the 'statistics' area that tells whether or not one of the emails that email was sent to got a like 'mailer daemon' reply, or like an 'this email doesn't exist' bounce back reply.

That could help clients with like thousands of contacts weed out bad email addresses and help them from being considered spam.
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Re: 'bounced' emails in email statistics

Post by Paige »

AllProWebTools automatically weeds out the bad emails as soon as they bounce, it will never try to send to that email address again.

However a report of all the bounced emails sounds useful, this way you could go through and fix them if you knew the correct email! Would anyone else like to see this feature in AllProWebTools.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hey,

I know no one else replied to this topic, but is this something that you guys are looking into doing?
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

The issue about 'Bounced Emails' recently came back to my attention, and I'd like to double check on something.

So, in April 2016 Paige replied "AllProWebTools automatically weeds out the bad emails as soon as they bounce, it will never try to send to that email address again."

A client just informed me that a few email addresses bounced back to her. I went to the contact's email address that bounced in her CRM and I see that they are still tagged on multiple tags. So how is it that I can tell that that email address bounced, and that that email will no longer receive emails? Is there anything/anywhere right now that informs us of this information?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

It will not untag any contacts. Instead, it marks the email address as invalid. When you look at the email address of any given CRM record, it will have either an icon next to it that reads "invalid" or "unsubscribed" when you hover over the icon (depending on whether the email address was determined to be invalid, or if the customer unsubscribed). Otherwise, a valid email will have no icon next to it.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi John,

So from what I can tell from the information that the client provided me, the email addresses that bounced for her were never marked with that
unsubscribed exclamation point icon. I just went in a checked on a few of the email addresses and they are still not marked as of now.

Is there any reason why a bounced email would not be marked like this?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

What SMTP provider is your client using? Once I know that I can look into it a bit further and see what may be causing this issue.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

She is using SendGrid, the APWT back end id to her site is c3215
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for this information! We will be looking into this and I will post back when we have more information.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

It looks like the webhook was not receiving the information from SendGrid correctly. This has been corrected so that future bounces will be handled properly.

The next time an email is sent out, the invalid emails will be marked properly!

Please let me know if you have any questions!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay cool, thanks for looking into this, John!