Adding recent blog posts links to an AllProWebTools page

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Adding recent blog posts links to an AllProWebTools page

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's a way that I can add the recent blog posts to a normal AllProWebTools page? In other words, the PHP widget that's in the side bar of the blog page, is there a way to use that in a normal page within the HTML editor - or does that need to be in a page template - and invoked using PHP, (like the blog page template).

Thank you!

Donna
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Adding recent blog posts links to an AllProWebTools page

Post by Dave »

When you go to edit a regular webpage in AllProWebTools, have you tried the drop down menu in the WYSIWYG editor that is labeled "Widgets"?

There are a number of options there that may do what you want.
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Thank you Dave,

That is what I am looking for, but I am receiving an error

Here's the HTML of the page:

<h2>Recent Blogs</h2>
<p>#|-Blog Recent Posts-|#</p>
<p></p>
<h2>Submit a Testimonial</h2>
<p>#|-EmailTestimonial|ALL|3|1||1-|#</p>
<p></p>

And here's the error in the page content that I am receiving.

ERROR: EmailTestimonial|ALL|3|1||1 returned no results.

I checked, and the blog page has multiple blog posts on it - yet, the posts are not showing up in the above page content - just the one error message for the email testimonial widget. Its possible I'm using the email testimonial widget incorrectly, but the blog widget is not returning any thing either.

Thank you for your help!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

What happens when you remove the testimonial widget?
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Hi Dave,

That actually then showed the top three blog posts as a table - I'll attach a screenshot for that.
Attachments
screencapture-solutionscenter-healthteamworks-org-Innovation-Center-1503962283932.png
screencapture-solutionscenter-healthteamworks-org-Innovation-Center-1503962283932.png (591.4 KiB) Viewed 14120 times
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Great! So it looks like the recent blogs are working for you.

The system for accepting new testimonials from your visitors is currently not available as a widget, but as a separate page. You can access this page with this link: http://solutionscenter.healthteamworks. ... review.php. You can customize the layout of this page from the theme editor by choosing "Review Template"

The tag #|-EmailTestimonial|ALL|3|1||1-|# is used to display existing testimonials that have already been submitted.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi Dave,

That 'submit testimonial' link that you sent us seems to be specifically asking about products. Is there anyway to have it not ask about products - so they can just simply submit a testimonial by filling out some basic fields like name, email, company, and then a message box for the testimonial? this client is not really product based so I think that if we were to send people to this link they might be a bit confused on why it's asking those questions about the products.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Yes, you can send them to the page with the product id for "All" like this: http://solutionscenter.healthteamworks. ... ?prodid=99

If you want a form that will accept different field then what are predefined on this page, you will want to use a leadbox and customize the fields how you want them.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

HI Dave,

How can I change/edit the words "ADD YOUR REVIEW AND RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER!" ?

I do not see that as being part of the page template but those words need to change if we are to use this link, and from what it sounds like this is the only way to have customers submit a testimonial without needing to choose a product.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

I also want to change these words:

"respects your privacy and will not disclose your email address to anyone. Your email address is required only for the purpose of contacting you with your testimonial discount coupon. (Max discount limited to $75.00)"

I do not want the website to offer a discount for testimonials as this is still assuming that the website is a product based website, and this site is not product based.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Both of these options are controlled in the console under "Settings" -> "Website". You will see a panel labeled "Testimonial Discounts".

To remove the message at the top, clear the field labeled "Text/Review Discount"
To remove the message at the bottom, clear the field labeled "Maximum Discount $ Amount"

Remember to his the "Update Information" button at the bottom to save your changes!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay thanks! I was able to find these areas and make these changes. Thanks for your help with this.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi again,

So I just tested the form and it seems to be working, but I do have some issues and questions about this.

- Even though I just submitted a testimonial, I see nothing in the dashboard that something just got submitted... can we get notifications about this?
- I go to the testimonial area in APWT and I do not see an area for 'Pending Testimonials'

So... the way that it is working, it seems to me that there is absolutely no way to see that someone submitted a testimonial besides actually clicking into the 'add/edit testimonials' area.

This does not seem very good to me... I think that there needs to be a way to notify the back end that a testimonial has been submitted, otherwise no one knows when this happens.

I just want to make sure that this is actually how this is working and that I'm not missing something here.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

You can find this under Settings->Website in the "Email Notification Center" panel. There will be an option for "New Testimonial" that you can turn on or off.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay thanks John, I went in and checked that on now, thanks!