Downloadable products

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Downloadable products

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I have a two part question with this.

1- What is the File Size Limit for downloadable products? I have been attempting to add a zip file to a downloadable product many, many times, and the zip file is not uploading.

2- Is there any way to upload MULTIPLE files into one single downloadable product? If there were - this would eliminate my need for a zip file, and just add the 7 or so files needed to the product. And if there is not a way to do this, can there be an option to have multiple files in a single downloadable product?

Let me know about this, thanks.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Downloadable products

Post by Dave »

What is the File Size Limit for downloadable products? I have been attempting to add a zip file to a downloadable product many, many times, and the zip file is not uploading.
The upload system is limited to 100M, though there are ways to load file that are larger if needed.
Is there any way to upload MULTIPLE files into one single downloadable product? If there were - this would eliminate my need for a zip file, and just add the 7 or so files needed to the product. And if there is not a way to do this, can there be an option to have multiple files in a single downloadable product?
The download system was specifically designed to work with a single zip file. There are a number of advantages to using a single zip file:

1. With multiple files, a customer can get confused and fail to download all necessary files. It is also easier to ask a customer if they downloaded the ONE zip file rather than helping them to troubleshoot which file they missed in downloading.
2. A single zip file is compressed and therefore smaller and faster for the client to download.
3. A smaller zip file also takes up less space on your account and can dave you money on file storage and bandwidth costs.

There is another way to deliver multiple files to a client who has made a purchase:

You can create an email campaign that is triggered once a purchase is made of a specific product. This email campaign can have a single email that goes out immediately after purchase. This email can contain welcome information and links to any number of files that are located in your images and files directory of your AllProWebTools account, or they can be links to files in a dropbox folder, google drive, amazon S3 or any other online file storage.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Re: Downloadable products

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi,

Thanks for your informative reply.

So do you mean that the file size limit is 100MB? I have attempted to upload a zip file that is 22MB and I am unable to upload that zip. I have tried multiple times now. All that happens is that the page seemingly times out, as it goes to a page with this error message:

This site can’t be reached. The connection was reset.

I'll hop onto a screenshare when I can to ask about this.