301s Not Working

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

301s Not Working

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I added in 301 redirects to a recently released site: Support Code: 1055-0

I do not see them working at all. Can you let me know if I added them correctly, and if so, why are the redirects not working properly?

Let me know, thank you.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: 301s Not Working

Post by Dave »

Redirects should not be entered with a slash '/' at the end of the Typed URL. We have updated the system to no longer accept slashes at the end of a Typed URL. You should edit the existing redirects and remove the slash at the end of the Typed URL

An ending slash on the "Redirect URL" is still acceptable.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi Dave,

Okay great, thank you! I removed the slash and its now working. Also, thanks for making that fix as well, to not allow slashes, to help prevent this issue in the future.

Thanks again! Have a great day!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I am noticing some other things working strangely with the 301s... and I was wondering if you could help fix this as well, to help prevent this...

SO when you enter a 'typed URL'... if you enter it with a SLASH in front of the URL... LIKE THIS '/contact-us' .. then the 301 does not work. Can you make it so that a slash in front of the typed URl gets automatically removed if someone adds it in?? like... these 301s are so, extremely specific, it seems like it is very easy to do it wrong. the more help we can get with this, the better experience for all of us.

Also... I am not sure why.. but if you have a image link with the suffix .JPG... and delete that photo, and reupload the photo with the EXACT SAME NAME, but instead its suffix is .jpg (LOWER CASE HERE)... the image does not work. Like... I have been needing to set up 301s for images like this....

content/uploads/IMG_0429.JPG
content/uploads/IMG_0429.jpg

in order for the new uploaded image to work...

So, I guess I'm wondering... can JPG (ALL CAPS) please work the same as .jpg (LOWER CASE) it is strange to me that they already do not work the same... as the caps shouldn't matter, in my opinion.

Let me know about all of this, thank you.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Thank you for the additional improvement suggestions!
We have updated the system so that starting and ending slashes '/' will automatically be removed when you enter in the Typed URL.

We used to automatically downcase all filenames years ago, but we received numerous complaints that our customers wanted the ability to capitalize filenames and URLs.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay sure, that all sounds fine.

Thanks for making this quick fix again!