how to add our email contact to website footer

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

how to add our email contact to website footer

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi!

How do I add our customer service email address to our website footer? I found the page in settings>website however it has #|-CompanyAddress-|# which inserts our company name, mailing address and phone number.....how do I add email address?
how to add email.jpg
how to add email.jpg (182.93 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
Kayla326
Support Team
Support Team

Re: how to add our email contact to website footer

Post by Kayla326 »

Though this is not a recommended practice, you can add your email address after the tag #|-CompanyAddress-|#

The reason that this is not recommended is that it exposes your email address to hackers and spammers which can drastically increase the amount of spam being sent to you. The recommend practice is to direct everyone to your "contact us" page which hides your email address from the public, while still allowing them to contact you. You can even add a recaptcha to your contact page to help reduce automated submissions. Once you reply to a valid communication that has come through your "contact us" page, the person will see your email address and can continue to converse with you via email.
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi Kayla! Yes we understand all of this.....however it is Google's policy in order to have an active google merchant account, google shopping and run google ad campaigns is that your company email ID must be clearly displayed on your website homepage...how do we add it?
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Sorry I saw you gave instruction on how to add...I just did however it is displaying with a huge gap between the "company info" and the email....how do I fix this so it displays directly after the phone number with no gap?
website email placement .jpg
website email placement .jpg (198.72 KiB) Viewed 3565 times
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi Kayla! Any update on how to remove the gap?
Kathlein
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kathlein »

It all depends on how you entered the information into the editor. It appears that there is an extra <br> tag above the email address. You can try deleting it and trying again in the editor. If you still need assistance, a Support Screenshare will allow us to see how you are using the editor so that we can offer assistance.
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi!
We followed the directions we were given above and went to settings > website> edit footer and then did this "you can add your email address after the tag #|-CompanyAddress-|#". We already did a shareshare on the gap issue and the tech did not know how to fix it during the screenshare he was waiting for Level 2 support, he said someone would get back to us on this thread with the steps to resolve. We also already tried removing the <br> and it just then indents line with the email further in but does not close the gap.... please advise on how to resolve
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

The spacing is part of your website theme. You can remove the padding with by adding this code to the bottom of you stylesheet:

Code: Select all

address {
	margin-bottom: 0px;
}
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

ok great...where do I access the stylesheet? Is it settings>admin>footer and then just paste the code on the line after line 107? or do you mean very end after line 111?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

You can do a Google search for "allprowebtools stylesheet" and the first result will provide instructions.

You can put the code at the very bottom of the stylesheet