FB Message Not Posted

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Katelake3566
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

FB Message Not Posted

Post by Katelake3566 »

Tonight we received a FB Message on our Page from someone who we are not connected to, Carmen Mendoza. APWT captured the message and showed it as an unknown contact. I then created a new contact, assigning the FB Message to it. I then replied to Carmen through APWT but it did not show up in Facebook.

We copied and pasted the reply from APWT into FB Messenger and replied. Carmen replied to our message which was captured in APWT. Neither Facebook nor APWT show a "double message" being sent to Carmen.

So it looks like APWT is not sending FB messages, only receiving.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: FB Message Not Posted

Post by Dave »

Is it possible that you replied to your Facebook message more than 24 hours from when they contacted you?

Facebook has a policy that limits responses from AllProWebTools to within 24 hours of the last time the person messaged you. You can read the policy here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/me ... new_policy

As long as you and the client are in an ongoing conversation, you can communicate for days and days and weeks and weeks. Once the client does not communicate for 24 hours, the Facebook policy takes affect.
Katelake3566

Post by Katelake3566 »

Hi Dave,
The whole conversation took place within 1.5 hours.

I took screenshots of the Facebook Messenger comment times and the APWT comment times so you can see the differences and attached it to this post.
Kate
Attachments
screenshots
screenshots
APWT vs Facebook Msgr.jpg (109.18 KiB) Viewed 3156 times
Scott3487

Post by Scott3487 »

Weird, we noticed a disconnect a few weeks ago with what must have been a Facebook update and had to reconnect quite a few of our pages. You could try that as we use this feature daily and haven't noticed any issues this week while using it 🤔
Katelake3566

Post by Katelake3566 »

Thanks for the idea, Scott. Could you give me a hint how to do the "reconnection"? :D :roll: