Automatically Check Payment Method

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Automatically Check Payment Method

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

One of our Client's website's checkout page is confusing their customers. I want to make it so that the 'Enter a new card through Cayan' payment button to be automatically checked when someone reaches the 'Secure Order Summary' page, as that is the only payment option available. The reason it is causing confusion is that the 'Place Order' button only appears once someone checks that radio button, so when someone first sees the page, It kinda looks like the page is broken without that button being there already.

So - I'd like to auto check that radio button to ensure that the 'place order' button is always on the checkout page. Attached is a screenshot of the box that I need to have automatically checked.

Let me know if this is possible, thank you.
Attachments
CayanPayment.png
CayanPayment.png (30.44 KiB) Viewed 5047 times
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Automatically Check Payment Method

Post by JohnB »

Sorry for the delayed response!

It is not currently possible to setup the checkout screen with the payment option automatically selected, but I am looking into what can possibly be done. I will let you know when I have more information.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Thanks John!

That sounds good, let me know when/if you are able to come up with a solution.

Thanks again!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Hello!

I just wanted to let you know that there are no plans to change how the checkout page works in regard to having the payment option auto-selected.

For one thing, if you choose to enable the CIM (assuming you are using CIM compatible payment processor) there will be multiple options for the customer, since they can select from their saved card.

In addition, the checkout page is already created so when the customer starts typing in their credit card number, the Place Order button will appear.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

John,

But the whole idea here is that I want to have the 'Place Order' button on the page without someone needing to interact with the page in anyway at all - this will truly help to avoid confusion in my mind. That 'place order' button can be grayed out and not clickable until someone starts filling in their info - but just to have something visually there so they know they are in the right place/ the page isn't broken.

I hope that this clarifies that I'm asking for.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Yes, we understand what you are asking for. This is not how the system was built and cannot easily be changed.

The functionality provided as designed does not prevent users from making payment as there is no use for the button until the payment information has been entered.

The AllProWebTools system successfully processes thousands of transactions for our users each month via the payment screen that you are referring to - this is how we know that it works for the majority of users.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay thanks for letting me know.