Using ADDTHIS for Social sharing

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Erin34
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Using ADDTHIS for Social sharing

Post by Erin34 »

I am trying to find a solution for Desired Reflections for her Social Sharing options. I went to ADDTHIS thinking I could use their codes to help pull correct links and images from her pages and blog posts and send on to people's various social media outlets in order to drive traffic.

I added the script in the html area...did not work. So, then I found out ADDTHIS has a non-javascript option and I used it..... (I would post it here but I'd rather have the information and links stay with Debbie's site). I added it to the bottom of the html page that says "New You" and it shows up in the html.....but it is not showing on her pages.

She has asked for social media buttons in the past but there seems to be nothing happening. Just sending people to her own Facebook page is not what we want...we want the information on the pages to be shared within the person's facebook timeline so their friends and friends of friends see it.

This is a very basic need for website owners.

Why is this so difficult? Can you assist please? And to be clear we do not want a facebook LIKE button...no way. We want all the sharing options. Is there a filter on her site that prevents this? Maybe I am missing something....hmmmm.

I am frustrated...... any assistance would be appreciated.

thanks,

Jan Rossi
email me at [email protected]

or email response to Debbie of Desired Reflections
Erin34

Re: Using ADDTHIS for Social sharing

Post by Erin34 »

Hello? Does anyone moderate this board?

Social Sharing buttons are important. . . . . . . .

would love to get this resolved by Friday pm so we can move on to other things.... thanks

Jan
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I have added this feature to the AllProWebTools Change Log 2.55
Lynda324

Post by Lynda324 »

Hi Debbie,
I also approached them on this a few days ago. But you and I both did the same thing in our discussions. We used the term "Like" for our facebook discussions of what we want. When I showed them what I wanted, they said "Oh, you want 'Share' for your facebook, not want. Page and the team are definitely on all the social links. This is being build into this system at the page level and the item level. "Like" is already there based on the first request (though they are fine-tuning it). It was an issue of semantics. To integrate it for user friendliness, there is some programming involved.
Lynda
Lynda324

Post by Lynda324 »

Jan,
I know you are helping Debbie and I am working closely with Dave's team. They value your opinion and really want you dedicate some time with you to address any concerns and make sure they understand requests. I have found that they have been extremely responsive to requests. I've seen it time and time again. Are you willing to come in and meet with Dave and Paige with your suggestions so they can be addressed and so you can see the features they are working on? You have the opportunity to be help meld this product. They welcome the feedback. So, will you do it?
Lynda
Erin34

Post by Erin34 »

Yes I can assist. As I get more familiar with the platform I am noticing a few things.

Also, it's important that the BLOG be shared! These are the posts she makes weekly and the key to social media is to share new information. New information comes in the form of Blog Posts...not pages. So please include the option to turn on or off social sharing on blog POSTS. thanks.....

I will call you all and we will discuss other things too.

thanks for the reply Paige! good news on the update! 8-)

Jan
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

Jan, awesome idea!! I'll put it into AllProWebTools 2.55.