Is it difficult to do a Groupon type of thing, such as $50 buys $100 worth of service

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
DruS185
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Is it difficult to do a Groupon type of thing, such as $50 buys $100 worth of service

Post by DruS185 »

Is it difficult to do a Groupon type of thing, such as $50 buys $100 worth of service, minimum $500 purchase? It might just need more text or the certificate title to appear on the certificate. Also, does legaleze get printed as well?

This is in reference to having Gift Certificates as a product type, but need certificate to have title such as "$50 buys $100 worth of service, minimum $500 purchase". The legaleze for the offer would also need to print on the certificate.
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Is it difficult to do a Groupon type of thing, such as $50 buys $100 worth of service

Post by Paige »

Thank you for using our forum Dru!

You can achieve a Groupon like system with Coupon codes, here is a video that briefly explains how to set them up.

Or you can just name the product "$100 Massage" then sell it for $50 with a MSRP of $100, this would be an easier UX.

There is currently no legaleze that prints on the certificate other than the amount, purchase date, and expiration date.
DruS185

Re: Is it difficult to do a Groupon type of thing, such as $50 buys $100 worth of service?

Post by DruS185 »

Paige, thanks for personally responding! (I NOW see that emails from 1on1debug are from this forum -- might change that if you can...)

I will see if the Coupon route gets me closer to our objectives.
Paige wrote:There is currently no legaleze that prints on the certificate other than the amount, purchase date, and expiration date.
I am surprised others have not had this need. It seems typical to have expiration, limitation of use, etc. on a certificate.
DruS185

Re: Is it difficult to do a Groupon type of thing, such as $50 buys $100 worth of service

Post by DruS185 »

Paige wrote:You can achieve a Groupon like system with Coupon codes, here is a video that briefly explains how to set them up.
If these coupon codes are only redeemable on the website, that doesn't work. As far as tracking, I see the certificate has a unique number on it! If that shows up in reports, we are golden! Does the QR code contain the cert number as well. There is probably a video that walks me through questions such as if scanning the QR code redeems the certificate...
Paige wrote:Or you can just name the product "$100 Massage" then sell it for $50 with a MSRP of $100, this would be an easier UX.
1) On the sample certificate that you sent, is "Gift Certificate - $25" the title? That could work. Would need to now the character limit.

2) Is there a field that controls what it says after "Good at"? Since my objective is too sell certificates from various businesses, this cannot be generic.

3) Can a download accompany a gift certificate? If so, I could create a master legaleze document that would accompany each certificate. This would only work if all the certificates shared the same file, so update one document and all are current. Also would only work if the same delivery method was used for both the certificate and the legaleze doc. Downloaded together or both a download link or both attachments to the same email.
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

DruS185 wrote:
Paige wrote:You can achieve a Groupon like system with Coupon codes, here is a video that briefly explains how to set them up.
If these coupon codes are only redeemable on the website, that doesn't work. As far as tracking, I see the certificate has a unique number on it! If that shows up in reports, we are golden! Does the QR code contain the cert number as well. There is probably a video that walks me through questions such as if scanning the QR code redeems the certificate...
The certificate numbers are unique and you can pull a report on them. The QR Code is scan-able to see the certificate number and the amount left on it. Amazingly enough there's not a video on this, what a great idea!
DruS185 wrote:
Paige wrote:Or you can just name the product "$100 Massage" then sell it for $50 with a MSRP of $100, this would be an easier UX.
1) On the sample certificate that you sent, is "Gift Certificate - $25" the title? That could work. Would need to now the character limit.

2) Is there a field that controls what it says after "Good at"? Since my objective is too sell certificates from various businesses, this cannot be generic.

3) Can a download accompany a gift certificate? If so, I could create a master legaleze document that would accompany each certificate. This would only work if all the certificates shared the same file, so update one document and all are current. Also would only work if the same delivery method was used for both the certificate and the legaleze doc. Downloaded together or both a download link or both attachments to the same email.
1) There is currently no character limit, however I would say the display itself could comfortably hold 100 characters
2) Currently the "Good at" is based on the company name loaded into your site, I can see where this isn't ideal for you. Could you also squeeze that in to the product name?
3) Two options here,
1. You could create an email campaign so anyone that purchases the gift certificate gets sent an email with a the legaleze
2. You could edit the gift certificate file itself, this would require a collaborative effort, but essentially you could change the look of it as long as the placement of the fields did not change
DruS185

Post by DruS185 »

Is the file to be edited available within what I can reach via FTP? If so, where? In this case I would want to remove the Good At line altogether.

Thanks for your help, Paige!
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

We do not currently allow FTP access to this file, this will be coming in the future.

Here is a link where you can download the image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkp1l37rw61nh ... t.jpg?dl=0. If you make your changes I can upload it for you if you email it to [email protected]