AVS Question

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Cfisher2118
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

AVS Question

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Any tips on how to do AVS with billing zip code only, since the A/P shopping cart only does it based on billing zip code, and not street address? Authorize.net settings are based on both. There does not seem to be a way to configure settings to ignore street address while rejecting no-match for zip only.
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Re: AVS Question

Post by Paige »

Here are the AVS settings we recommend for the easiest implementation. These settings are very forgiving and are not the strongest settings from a validation standpoint. We do not recommend these settings in an environment with a propensity for chargebacks.
Authorize.Net.png
Authorize.Net.png (113.92 KiB) Viewed 28901 times
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Based on this, it would seem that any billing zip code can be entered into the cart, and it will accept it, as long as the AVS system is up and running. In fact, I just tested this out, using an incorrect billing zip code for one of my cards, and it went through.
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

Casey, if you have the setting like the image above AND check the "Z", this configuration will enforce zip code validation.
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Even by checking "Z", it is still allowing transactions with incorrect billing zip codes to go through. I just tested it out again at this setting, and entered a billing zip that should not have matched, and it went through. I also tried another transaction with an incorrect 3-digit cvv code, and it let that through as well. I need to come up with something that works because we have become a target for fraudulent orders. We've had more chargebacks in the last month than we've had in the last 3 years. We're now forced to follow up on every online order to make sure it is legit, which is a time consuming ordeal.
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

How very interesting! Let's try an experiment with your Authorize, login to your account and go to the Virtual Terminal. Try to reproduce the bad zip code and the bad CVV in the Virtual Terminal and let me know if it works.
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

In Virtual Terminal, it is not rejecting incorrect billing info, but it does reject incorrect cvv code.
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

I assume that you did this test with the AVS settings with the "Z" checked? If yes, this may be something to contact Authorize about, if it is happening in their terminal there's not much we can do from our end.

I will look into the CVV code passing through.