Is there a way to exclude lists of people when I send an email to a list

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Is there a way to exclude lists of people when I send an email to a list

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Hi!

I'm sending out a sales email to a large group of people on my lists. Some of the people have already opt-ed into my lists - and are tagged as so. What I want to know is if someone is tagged with two tags (in two lists) can I exclude those in one list so those that are opted in don't receive the sales email.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Is there a way to exclude lists of people when I send an email to a list

Post by JohnB »

If I understand you correctly, you want to schedule an email to be sent out to multiple tags of contacts, but want to make sure an individual who falls under 2 or more tags, does not get the same email 2 or more times.

If that is the case, you do not need to worry. Simply schedule the email to the tags you want to send the email out to. AllProWebTools will make sure any email that is "duplicated" because they are in more than one tag, still receives only one email.
Jfreshly3215

Post by Jfreshly3215 »

Hey John, no that's not it - see if this helps:

I send you 'John' an email to sign up - you then sign up. A tag is then added to your contact giving you 2 tags

I want to send that same email again but I don't want you to get the email because you already signed up. So when I schedule that 2nd email (or make a campaign), I want to send to the same tag as the first email you took action on, but I need to exclude you from receiving the second email (since you already signed up).

Currently I can only add tags. We would like to add tags, but then remove people with a second tag.

Think if this then that.

However, I still want you to be tagged to the original tag should I have a new product or a client-wide announcement
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Yes, this is already on the list for a future release here: http://allprowebtools.com/forum/viewtop ... f=5&t=3557

You will find it under "Email Marketing WebTool"
Jfreshly3215

Post by Jfreshly3215 »

Hey all--

A few other items to build off this thread we started about email segmentations. Will you also have options to target and segment emails based on people's actions and engagement with an email? For example:

I can target only those who open emails I send but don't click on the link.
I can target those who haven't opened the last email

I use mailchimp a lot and this goes into more of what I'm talking about: http://kb.mailchimp.com/lists/segments/ ... ng-options

Thanks!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Yes, this is also in the road map for the next few versions.
Kmyers1730
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Kmyers1730 »

The feature I would like to have for tags would be the following:

I would like to be able to schedule an email to tags but add a filter with exceptions. For example, I would select the tags I want to send the email to but then could add a filter that says "unless tagged with "x" tag". What I am wanting to do is be able to send a mass email to tags but skip over people that are tagged as "not interested" or some other tag that we don't need to send the email to. It is complicated because when we are sending emails for an event for example, when people aren't interested in that particular event but want to continue to get other communication, there is not an easy way for us to eliminate that person from receiving a particular email without completely untagging them from everything.

Thank you!
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Having the ability to exclude tags would be very helpful to me. Here's my situation:

I am an AllProWebTools provider, and one of my clients is a Realtor who gets leads from her company each month. Trouble is, this company gives her a list of ALL their leads each time, and provides no way to filter by date. So each new batch of leads includes leads who were already imported with previous months' batches.

Obviously, this is a problem, because that means each of leads includes people to whom I already sent emails in previous months, and neither those leads nor I want them to get the same email again. That's a recipe for spam complaints, and right now, the only way to avoid it is to delete previous months' contacts by tag.

When scheduling an email, I'd love to have two tag menus: one for tags I DO want to email, and one for people who should NOT receive the email if they have the tags specified in that "don't email" menu, even if they also have the tag to which I'm sending emails.

Thanks for your consideration. Have an awesome day!

Stephanie
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thank you both for providing us with more details of what you would like to see, that certainly helps us design the feature for you!

As mentioned earlier in this thread, we are looking at adding this feature in the near future, but any sort of date is yet to be determined.