logo size and logo clarity

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

logo size and logo clarity

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Hi!

I need my banner size to be shorter than 125px - so I've tried uploading the logo smaller, but it seems as if the logo is being resized to the 125px height requirement.

So, to fix the issue, I padded the client logo with white space (top/bottom) to make the image 125px and uploaded that. Now the logo seems fuzzy and I'm not sure if there's some transformation being done to the image on the upload process.

Is it possible to upload logos shorter than 125px high for a more sleek narrow top bar? and the second part of that, is on the logo upload is there something happening to downgrade the resolution or resize it that would affect the clarity of the logo?

Thank you for your help with this!

Here's the link to the site to see: http://healthteamworks.greatmockup.com
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: logo size and logo clarity

Post by Dave »

The logo upload system was provided for non-technical users and provides a simple way to upload a logo. This method does attempt to resize the image and does not offer much flexibility.

For advanced users and professional web developers, we recommend uploading the logo manually (as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZUG-urXXfk) and then referencing it specifically from the HTML and CSS files in the Theme Editor. You can access these files here: "Settings->Administrator" and under the box titled "Theme Editor" click on "Stylesheet" or "Header"

By using this method, you retain complete control over size and position on the page.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Dave,

How can I use a custom image to set it as the logo, while completely replacing the logo that appears through the uploader? Can you please expand on your previous post?

As far as I know, the only way to set an image in CSS is using 'background-image' - but the background Image does not completely replace what is currently there, it only adds a new image behind the current logo. Please advise further on this, thank you.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

By right-clicking on the logo in my chrome web browser, I then select "Inspect Element". This pops open a window that indicates that the logo is located at: /content/templates/demo-2015/images/logo.png (your file location will be similar - but NOT identical)

Now I can go into the AllProWebTools Console and go to "Website" -> "Manage Images and Files" and I upload my new logo there.

Next, I go to "Settings->Administrator" and under the box titled "Theme Editor" click on "Header". I search for the line that says "logo.png" and I modify it to call the logo from the new location. The "Manage Images and Files" starts you off at "/content/uploads". So if I had added a new file to "Manage Images and Files" called newlogo.jpg - I would reference it in the "Header" as "/content/uploads/newlogo.jpg"

I hope this helps!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Yes thank you Dave, this helped. I was able to manually add in a logo now.