301 redirects

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

301 redirects

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Hi! Once one of my clients are released on their live URL, I need that URL to forward to a renamed subdomain of their existing (old) site. In other words, the old site is being renamed (rehoused) as old.example.com. I need example.com/pagename to forward (301 redirect) to old.example.com/pagename once their AllProWebTools site is released as example.com. From looking at the redirection tool you have in AllProWebTools, I'm not able to designate any other "forward to" domain but the domain that the site is on - so I won't be able to redirect them over to another URL, as is needed.

here's a picture

devsite.example.com will become example.com (when releasing the site on AllProWebTools)
example.com/pagename (current page name) will become old.example.com/pagename (so existing clients can access their current information housed in wordpress).
Once released, I need to forward the link example.com/pagename TO old.example.com/pagename

SO... I need a 301 redirect that sets up that redirection.

I hope this makes sense! I usually do this in an HTACCESS file, but am not sure how to access that file on AllProWebTools.

Let me know if you have questions.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: 301 redirects

Post by Dave »

You can accomplish this by selecting "Website" and clicking on "My Webpages".

Create a new webpage called "pagename".

Next, click on the "Settings" tab and click the button labeled "Redirect this page". You will see additional options display at the bottom of the screen where you can insert a complete URL.
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Re: 301 redirects

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Thank you Dave! That helps!