Add Multiple Line Items to A Custom Field

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Amber2390
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Add Multiple Line Items to A Custom Field

Post by Amber2390 »

Is there a way to add multiple line items to a custom field? For example, one of our clients has multiple locations (9). I added a custom field labelled 'Additional Locations' but I can only enter one line item for the field. Is it possible to add multiple line items to that one custom field so I can capture all 9 location addresses as 9 line items? This is specific to only this client so creating 9 custom fields labelled address 1, address 2, address 3, etc, would not be relevant to any other client. I've added attachments to further clarify.
Attachments
Custom Fields - AllPro.png
Custom Fields - AllPro.png (123.62 KiB) Viewed 3044 times
custom fields - allpro 2.png
custom fields - allpro 2.png (19.01 KiB) Viewed 3044 times
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Add Multiple Line Items to A Custom Field

Post by JohnB »

Since you are putting it into one field, there is no way to make it display on separate lines quite like that. However, you do have 255 characters, so you can easily type in the locations using separators like hypens, vertical bars, or slashes; for example:

Code: Select all

First Location | Second Location | Third Location
If this doesn't quite work, since these are locations you are talking about, you could also put them in the address book. If you click on the book icon on the top right of the "Contact Information" panel, you can access the "Address Book" and add multiple addresses in there.

In your specific case, you could also put a note in the "Additional Locations" custom field to check the address book.

Please let me know if either of these work, or if you find another solution that works for you!
Amber2390

Re: Add Multiple Line Items to A Custom Field

Post by Amber2390 »

Thank you - I will check with our team and see if one of these options work! I really appreciate it!