How are pages ordered?

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

How are pages ordered?

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I am asking this question out of curiosity, but let me provide some context first.

We have a client who has four pages of pages when you click into 'Website --> My Webpages'. Finding the right webpage we need to edit is terribly hard sometimes, as some days pages are on one page, and some days pages are listed on another page. In other words - the page that a certain webpage is listed on is not always consistent - it moves around, seemingly randomly, to a different page of pages.

So - from a developer perspective, how are AllProWebTools webpages ordered in the 'My Webpages' section? It makes no sense to me at all, which makes finding a specific webpage in 4 pages worth of webpages terribly confusing sometimes. It's not ordered by name, or date created... so how is it ordered?

Let me know if this makes sense, or if I need to clarify, but explaining this is kinda weird. I've attached a screenshot to hopefully help explain this question.
Attachments
pages on pages.png
pages on pages.png (14.74 KiB) Viewed 6326 times
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How are pages ordered?

Post by JohnB »

The webpages are displayed so that any webpages displayed on the menubar appear first in the list. Beyond that, the webpages should be ordered by the date they were created, with the first created pages (oldest pages) first in the list. If you have an example of that not being the case, please let me know the account and the specific pages that are not in the order that they were created.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

John,

Thank you for your reply. But if pages are supposed to be ordered by date created, that's not how I'm seeing it. Maybe its possible that a lot of pages have a navigation precedence set, but is turned off from the menu bar. Maybe that's what's going on. But either way - it truly does not seem like it's being ordered by date created.

All I know is that this site is a monster and there is literally no way I can get you a list of pages in the order I created them... that's just not something I know.

For right now though - I cannot ask you to fix anything, that's not what the point of this thread was. I do not want you messing with this account and changing anything right now. I just wanted to know how they were being ordered - that's all.

But, once again, thanks for your reply and I'll keep what you said in mind.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

It appears that you are using the "on page search" which was designed specifically to find items that are currently displayed on the page.

If you are looking for a search feature that will search everything, we suggest using the "magic search" that is located at the top of the screen right next to your login name. This search will find anything including products, contacts, webpages, custom CRM fields, and even our help topics.

Here is a video with more information:

Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I can try this out, could be very helpful.

Thanks!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi again,

How am I supposed to be using the search to find pages? The URL is not working when I search for that. I don't always know what the name of the page is.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Please try this again as we have updated it to search for the URL as well.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hey Dave,

Thanks for making that fix - I see that it works when I search for a URL with no slashes, (ex: 'our-work') but if I have slashes (ex:'/our-work/') then it does not work, so this includes pages that have this structure:

About-Us/Our-work

I am unable to search for that in the search bar.

But thanks for addressing this so quickly!