Edit the 'My Account' Template

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Edit the 'My Account' Template

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

So I've been looking through the built in templates and I am unable to find the 'My Account' template in that list... can you tell me what the name of that template is so I can edit it?

Or - if this template is not in the list of templates, then can it please be so I can edit it?

to be clear - I'm talking about this page '/myaccount.php'

Let me know, thank you.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Edit the 'My Account' Template

Post by Dave »

The My Account page is used to give customers access to edit their contact information and view past invoices. This is considered an System Page in AllProWebTools where the majority of options on this page directly access data stored in the account. For security and consistency across the platform, there are no plans to make this page available for changes other than via CSS.

CSS will allow you to change colors, sizes, fonts, and even the positioning of items.

If you provide more specifics here as to what it is that you would like to change, we will do our best to assist you.

You may also download the HTML directly from your browser and make all changes offline and then provide a copy of your modified HTML for consideration as improvements an upcoming release. We would love to see your suggestions!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi Dave,

First of all, thanks for your reply. So have attached an image below to explain about what I am trying to do.

1st - in the red circle - there are supposed to be words at the top of the page, but they are being cut off. All I would want would be to be able to add more spacing/padding to the top of the page to make those words show up on the screen. That screenshot is of the page scrolled to the very top as well, so that's how its appearing right now.

Second - as you can see, all of the info is in boxes on this page. I realize that the styling and maybe even the boxes themselves are coming directly from my CSS. but when I examine the code, it's all just Ul's and Li's... I don't see a specific class that I can use to style certain boxes. I'm already styling the class 'list-group-item' across the site, and that styling needs to stay. But what I really would like to do is to remove those classes on these lists so I can remove the boxes around the ones with the X next to them, as those are NOT buttons. and to keep the boxes around the links that are buttons. as of now, it is causing confusion for the client - they only want to see links in buttons, not everything in buttons.

So please let me know if this is something you can help me with, and if not, then please let me know if this is something that will be editable in the future - they need answer by tomorrow on this.

Let me know, thank you.
Attachments
accountpage.png
accountpage.png (59.22 KiB) Viewed 6953 times
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Hello,

In regards to your first item, that line is being cut off by the header. It looks like edits made to this site's theme have caused the header to run overtop of the body of the page. The best solution to this is to go into Settings->Administrator and select "Header" in the Theme Editor. Then, in the last line, increase the top margin for the opening content div on this line:

Code: Select all

<div class="content" style="margin-top:80px;">
In regards to your second item, we have added id's to many elements, and there should be plenty for you to easily select whatever you need for your css needs. Please let me know if there is a section we missed that needs additional id's added to it.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay Thanks John.

I'll look into your suggests when I get a chance, most likely this will be tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi John,

Thanks for your help on this so far.

So I'm looking to do one more thing on this page.

Right now, the words at the top of the page read:

"YOUR ACCOUNT AT ABCD - HELLO ALEX!"

and I want it to read:

"YOUR ACCOUNT AT WXYZ - HELLO ALEX!"

So, essentially, I just want to change the name of the company on this page, as they want a specific service name on this page, not their actual name of their company.

Is this something that can happen?
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi

Sorry, I have another comment related to this page.

So, I did edit this area in the header PHP file:

<div class="content" style="margin-top:80px;"> - So I made it to be 110px

Yet... I also just redid the menu bar on this site, after making that change, and the menu bar is now on two lines. And now header words on the my account page are gone again.

So, why does the height of the menu bar affect the margin-top of the template pages? This doesn't seem to be right to me. The menu height is one thing - the margin-top at on the template pages is a separate thing. They should not be effecting each other... right? Otherwise, we would need to custom code the template page heights on the screensize and on the menu height... and once again, this does not seem right to me.

Is there anyway that this can be changed... so that the height of the menu does not chop off the top of the pages?

Does what I'm saying make sense? If needed, I can try to provide some screenshots.

Let me know - that would be awesome if this could happen, thanks.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

As to the "Your Account at" line, that will be completely removed and will no longer be there starting in version 4.62.

As for the header and the body, changes to the header are naturally going to have an effect on the display of the body of the webpage, just like the change to any aspect of a visual design tends to have cascading effects throughout the design. In this case, the larger the menubar/header is, the more space it takes up on the screen. The vertical space is used up by covering over top of the main body of the webpage, so a taller header means that more of the body is going to be covered, unless the margin of the body is adjusted.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!