Secondary Menu bar 'flyouts'

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Secondary Menu bar 'flyouts'

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

We are having an issue on a client's website where the 'store' menu bar's drop-down is displaying poorly. There is a double dropdown - so when you use the first drop down, links fly out beside that dropdown. However - this isn't really working too well. Some of the secondary links you can't even get to because you have to move the mouse out from the menu to reach that second menu - and other dropdowns have the words going out of the menu area.

Im attaching some screenshots. Is there a way to only have the first drop down show up, and not the secondary links? I attempted to set the 'products Dropdown' as 'No' but this removed both dropdowns - I only want the secondary dropdown to be removed.

Let us know if this can happen, thanks!
Attachments
apwtscreen-2.jpg
apwtscreen-2.jpg (117.78 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
apwtscreen-1.jpg
apwtscreen-1.jpg (61.88 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Secondary Menu bar 'flyouts'

Post by Dave »

You should be able to address this issue by NOT using the automatic "store" menu item that contains ALL the categories. You can instead, manually define the menubar and it's first-level submenu. Each submenu, can then link directly to that specific category.

All of this would be done from "Website" -> "My Webpages".

First, turn off the Redirect Settings of the "Store" page.

Next, create a new page for each of the first-level dropdown items that you want to see under the "store" menu item. Then in each of those pages, go to settings and set the "Redirect Page Type" to "Products Page" and instead of "All Categories", choose the specific category.

You should also set each of these pages to show on the menubar with the "Parent Page" set as "Store"