Question about downloadable products

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Question about downloadable products

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

When I go to add a file to a downloadable product, it has me upload the file from my computer. But when I see the link of the file - its coming from the media library.

I have currently have a product in one of my clients sites that has a file attached to a downloadable product, and that file is NOT in the media library, and I am not able to view or see that PDF file.

So... why does it make you upload the file from your computer - if it takes it out from the media library? Also - how is it possible that there has been a file uploaded to a product, but once that product is purchased, I can't view the PDF? Was there an error when that file was added to that product? Do files that are added to products this way get automatically added to the media library, and if so, then how did this particular file not get properly added to the media library?

I guess I just want to know more about how this all works, thanks.
Brads326
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Question about downloadable products

Post by Brads326 »

Your question seems to be specific to your specific account, how you have it configured, and in which order you are performing these actions.

This question can be best addressed by contacting our Support Team via screenshare support as show here: