Hide product from related products

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Hide product from related products

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

Is there a way to hide a product from the 'related products' list? I have a product that should only be able to be accessed directly (via a link in an email that gets sent) but hidden from the rest of the site. So is there a way to remove a public product from the list of related products so it doesn't show up in that list?
Kathlein
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Hide product from related products

Post by Kathlein »

Yes.

At the top of the product edit screen there is a switch just to the left of the "Save" button that can be set to either "public" or "private". Setting it to private will make it only accessible with the URL and it will not show up anywhere else on the website.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi,

Okay thanks for letting me know.

I posted about this in another form recently, but I had thought that if a product was marked as 'Private' that it was completely hidden from the website... like how a page marked 'private' cannot be accessed. So has the products that are marked 'private' always been this way (visible via only the link)... or is this something recent that has changed?

Does this make sense what I'm asking? I was just under the impression that anything marked 'Private' was completely hidden... and its strange to me that products and pages work differently in this way.
Kathlein
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kathlein »

Hiding products has always worked this way. When you want to discontinue a product completely so that it cannot be purchased at all, you will want to set the setting called "product" and change it from "show" to "hide". This setting is located under the wholesale setting on the right side of the product edit screen.