Custom Thank You Pages for Products

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Custom Thank You Pages for Products

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I have a question for a client. Is there a way to set up a 'Buy one Get One Free' or like a 'Buy one Get One Half off' option within APWT? What I am asking about here is specific to tickets. I was looking at the way coupons and variations and attributes and all of that in the product builder but I don't see a way to do what they're asking for, which is this:

1. Someone purchases a ticket for the full price
2. The there is a field at the end, on the thank you screen where they give the information of the 2nd attendee for the BOGO.

Basically we would like to be able to capture more than one attendees information when they purchase, is that possible?

So then, in regards to that Thank You Page - this is how I want it to work. I want a form to show up on the thank you page that someone can fill out after the purchase, and that form will send someone else a coupon, so the form would say something like "want to share this with a friend? enter their email address!" and so the form would send to that person with a nice message, and the email would automatically include the name of the person who made the purchase so that the person receiving the email knows who sent it to them.

Also, this form cannot show up after every single purchase - only for certain tickets and certain events. so we would need to have a way to control when a form like this shows up on that thank you page - OR - a way to control the thank you pages. So like... if each product could have an option on what thank you page to show upon purchase, so we can customize the thank you pages per product and per category or something like that so those pages could be better branded for the store itself.

I hope that this makes sense. Let me know about this, thank you!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Custom Thank You Pages for Products

Post by Dave »

When a product is purchased, you can configure a custom campaign to be sent to the customer. Campaigns can be triggered ONLY to be sent for a specific product or product category.

This campaign can include any email that you want.

You can also create a coupon that offers a product for free (or half off or whatever you wish) and you can set this coupon to expire after one use (so that people cannot share it). You can also use our password aliasing system to generate a unique coupon code for each person that gets the special email offer.

I would suggest that you create this email so that the 1st customer who made the purchase receives the email and can simply forward the email to their one friend. This way, it is super easy for the 1st customer to forward the email from their email program by using the address book (they will not have to look up all of their friend's information) and the friend will see who sent the email to them AND the 2nd persons email will not put the forwarded email into SPAM or hide it in the "marketing" tab because it is coming from a friend who emails them regularly and is replied to.

The email that is forwarded to the 2nd person, would contain the special coupon code and information about the event along with a link to where they can "signup" - this will be the registration screen where you will gather all of the 2nd persons contact info.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hey Dave,

Thanks for your reply! I believe that this may work the way we need to. Thanks for the suggestion!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi,

We really need a way to create custom thank you pages for products.

I have run into a situation where a catch-all like described above (setting up custom emails to be sent out when a specific product is purchased) doesn't quite work that well.

If we had a way to send products to custom thank you pages, that would be much appreciated. This can be an option - if this option is not enabled, then it will send to the standard thank you page.

Please let me know if this will be possible to do in the future, thank you.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

How would you like the system to work if someone purchases 2 different products that are configured to go to 2 different landing pages? Which landing page should it go to?
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi Dave,

The way I am envisioning this is that on the product, it will ask something like "Do you want to use a custom thank you page?" and you can say 'yes' or 'no' to that - it would default to 'no' so it would use the standard, built in thank you page.

If you did say 'yes' to use a custom thank you page, it would show a dropdown list of the pages, where someone could choose the thank you page from the list of pages. In this way, it wouldn't have to be a traditional thank you page, it could be any page that anyone wanted to use.

In the case of someone buying two different products, maybe it could open both of those pages... one in a new tab. However, I'm seeing this more for individual products, like when people sign up for events or buy tickets, so they would most likely only be purchasing one product at a time. But right, hypothetically if someone purchases multiple products, each one going to a separate thank you page, I think that opening them all up would be the best approach here. Since the whole idea of having a custom thank you page for a specific product would be for the person to learn more information/go onto the next step. So if it didn't open both pages, then people would be missing out on the next steps for some of their purchases. This is just an idea on how this could all work though - maybe there is a better solution for this.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you think that this would all work.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

There are a few more things to be decided before this feature can be added. We would appreciate your thoughts on these:

If a customer makes a purchase and is then taken to the custom thank you page, what would you like to happen if they lose internet connection just as the thank you page is loading? How would they get back to the custom thank you page?

What if the customer accidentally closes the browser when the are on the custom thank you page?
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi Dave,

Sure.

1) Same point as below... if they lose internet connection, it is up to the client to ensure that their customer gets the information... whether that is via a follow-up email for a phone call.

2) Respectfully I don't see how this is an issue... if someone chooses to click away, then that's their own prerogative. It would be up to the client to make sure that if there was information that was needed for the customer on that thank you page, that a follow up email would contain the same information - IF this was an issue for the client in the first place.

I hope this helps.