Changes in Authorize.Net

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Changes in Authorize.Net

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I got an email today that told of a change coming to Authorize.net:
"Advanced Fraud Detection Suite Fee Adjustment

Over the past two years, Authorize.Net has been improving our Advanced Fraud Detection Suite (AFDS) to better fight card testing and other fraud. We’ve seen overall rates of suspicious transaction activity drop 88%. Not only has this saved you the headaches of dealing with fraud, it has also saved you money lost from fraudulent authorizations.

To help you fight fraud, AFDS is automatically enabled on your account, which gives you access to many powerful fraud filters, including:

- Velocity Filters: Limit the number of transactions allowed per day or per hour to identify high-volume fraud.
- IP Filters: Block activity based on IP Address, IP region or address, IP transaction velocity, and designate specific server IP addresses that are authorized to submit transactions.
- Transaction Filters: Validate credit card information before processing, set thresholds based on amounts, or flag suspicious activity based on our proprietary criteria.
- Shipping Filters: Identify shipping-billing mismatches, use Shipping Address Verification, and Enhanced AVS Handling to flag suspicious transactions.

AFDS will be an additional $7.50/month for unlimited use, starting on November 1, 2019. If you have any questions, please call 1-877-447-3938.

Sincerely,
Authorize.Net"

I also chatted with Authorize.net about this, and this is what they said about this:
"I am sorry for the confusion. Because that is enabled on the account (weather the filters are configured or not) then it would start charging. Are you not wanting to have that?

Any fees or percentages charged for not having those filters would actually be through your Merchant Service Provider(MSP) so you may want to check with them first before decide either way as that is an additional 9.95 a month."
Are you guys the Merchant Service Provider in this case? And if so, will you be charging extra fees if a client using Authorize.net does not choose to use this Advanced Fraud Detection Suite?

How does this change effect how Authorize.net will work within APWT - and for clients who use it in order to have recurring products and membership products?

Let me know, thank you!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Changes in Authorize.Net

Post by Dave »

In order to process credit cards online, you will need:

a "Shopping Cart Solution" (AllProWebTools) which connects through
a "Payment Gateway" (Authorize.net) which sends payment funds through
a "Merchant Service Provider" (we recommend TSYS: https://www.allprowebtools.com/TSYS-Signup/)
who deposits the funds into your bank account.

The Advanced Fraud Detection Suite is a PRODUCT offered by Authorize.net.

There is no requirement by AllProWebTools to use this "Advanced Fraud Detection Suite" product, nor will there be any fees from AllProWebTools relating to this product "Advanced Fraud Detection Suite".
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Re: Changes in Authorize.Net

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi Dave,

Okay great! Thank you for your reply and that information. I will track down what their MSP is. Thanks again!