Anonymous Payments

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Anonymous Payments

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

Is there any way at all that someone can make a purchase through APWT without being forced to create a username/password?

I have a client that is asking this:

"Is there a way to have anonymous payments? People don't remember their username/password between the year of their booking so they call him to book the cabin for them."

If people could make payments without needing to sign up, this would help solve this issue.

Let me know about this, thanks.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Anonymous Payments

Post by Dave »

This feature has already been added in version 5.3 as you can see here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4175

It is listed as item number 1 under "Commerce"

The expected release date of this version is shown at that link as well.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay great!

Just to confirm - will people still be forced to create a username when they are purchasing for the first time? Or is that going away with the new change as well?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

They will be taken straight to the payment screen - no login.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Great, that sounds sounds good! Thanks for confirming!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Is this feature available now for those who are on 5.3?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

You will see this item listed on the 5.3 features list here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4175

It is item number 1 under "Commerce"
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi,

I just got the client's APWT upgraded to 5.3 and tested this... and this is not at all what I had in mind.

When I was asking for 'Anonymous payments' the idea was that when someone was checking out they would NOT see a login screen. I do not want a login screen. I want people to be able to add something to their cart, click 'CHECKOUT' and go directly to the Checkout page. NO LOGIN screen. NO prompt to create an Account. None of this... this is what I had meant by 'Anonymous checkout'

As of now, I do not see what is different. It looks like nothing changed for what I had asked for.

Please let me know if this is possible. The login screen is VERY confusing to people and has made it so that MANY people do not purchase through the website - they call the client directly to book, since they are just so confused as to why they need to signup and login in order to pay. By getting rid of the prompt to login completely, there will be NO barrier to purchase.... so people can just add something to the cart and pay and be done with it.

Let me know if you have any questions for me about this.

Thank you.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

When a customer clicks "checkout", they are taken to a screen that looks like this:
Screenshot from 2020-03-13 13-35-13.png
Screenshot from 2020-03-13 13-35-13.png (25.92 KiB) Viewed 5474 times
If they have an account, they are given the opportunity to login to it. If they do not have an account, they are NOT required to create one and can choose "No, I am a new customer". The verbiage used here can be customized to say "Do not create an account" or "Anonymous Checkout" or whatever you wish by going to "Settings -> Administrator" from the console, and then selecting the "Buyer Template".

On the following screen, they are still asked for their email address (so that a receipt can be sent to them) and their name (so that you know who made the purchase) and their address (most credit card companies require billing address info to match with the credit card to reduce fraudulent charges) This screen can be customized as you wish by going to "Settings -> Administrator" from the console, and then selecting the "Create Buyer Template". If you plan to remove any of the input boxes from the HTML in the "Create Buyer Template" - you must be sure to remove the requirement for that field by going to "Settings -> Website" and then choose the "Other Settings" tab - you will see an area that says "Ignore Specific Create New Buyer Fields:" This is where you tell the system which fields are required, optional, or should be ignored.

Under the heading, "Your password" - there is an OPTION to create an account with a check box that is already checked - if the customer unchecks the checkbox, no account will be created for them, as seen here:
Screenshot from 2020-03-13 13-36-44.png
Screenshot from 2020-03-13 13-36-44.png (50.85 KiB) Viewed 5474 times
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi Dave,

Is there a way to completely bypass the 'secure buyers' page (/secure-buyers.php), the first screenshot in your reply?

That is the page that is causing people to go away. If we can just completely bypass that page, and go straight to the page you have shown in your second screenshot (/secure-create-buyer.php) that would be much preferable. That way, the process actually makes sense... and then when someone is on that page, if they choose to create an account, they can.

I think that this would be the best method for this.

Let me know if this option would work, thank you.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

This feature request will be implemented in accordance with the "New Feature Request" policy outlined here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4245&p=9348#p9348

This feature will be a Tier 1 improvement.

To all users: please up vote this feature if you would like to see it added in an upcoming release version.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay great, sounds good. Let me know if there is any more that I need to do with this, such as move this to a different board.

Thanks!