Email table spacing/"preview option"

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Steve173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Email table spacing/"preview option"

Post by Steve173 »

Hi!

Is there a video that clearly shows are to create an email with different headers, tables, spacing etc? I am working on our May 2020 Email 1 and having issues with how images are displaying in the table. I have 3 questions:

1) Why does the image display at different spacing in each cell within a table? I've checked the cell properties and they are all exactly the same?
email spacing issue.png
email spacing issue.png (523.46 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
2) Why does the "edit" view show spacing between images however in the "save & preview" screen the images are completely smashed together?
email preview mode issue.png
email preview mode issue.png (424.72 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
3) Also why does the font change from "edit" view screen to "save & preview" screen? The font that displays in the "preview" screen is not what we see when working on the email in "edit" view?
Brads326
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Email table spacing/"preview option"

Post by Brads326 »

For item #1: You have an extra line above the image - as if you had started to type and then deleted all of the words - but there is still a blank line there for text. Just click in the empty spave and you will see your cursor blinking on the blank line. You can click the "delete" key or "backspace" on your keyboard to remove it and you will see the image jump up.

For items #2 and #3: The preview is not an exact representation of the how the email will layout. We recommend using the "test email" button to send yourself a test to see how everything lays out. But you will also want to bear in mind that different email providers (such as gmail, yahoo, comcast, outlook, etc) all interpret emails a little differently and layouts can vary a bit from email service providers. There are also variations of devices such as Apple, Android, desktop computers, and mobile devices. An email from any service or template will never look identical to all of your customers.

You can read more about this here: https://techbasedmarketing.com/html-ema ... different/ and https://mailchimp.com/resources/why-cli ... fferently/
Steve173

Post by Steve173 »

Hi!
Ok fixed #1 :)

So the "preview" mode is basically useless? I understand different email domains will adjust to fit size/fit screens/devices....but shouldn't the preview mode at least some what resemble what the customer will see? Shouldn't the font and basic spacing display pretty close to what the customer will see when they receive our email?

I'm no having a spacing issue within the cells with the images. There are three. The cells with the top and bottom image have a larger gap below the image..i tried the cursor recommendation and it blinks however I cannot delete the space. When I hit "backspace" it puts a blue box around the image and if i click again it deletes the image. The image in the middle cell has no space below.

Basically if you could provide direction of how to create this table with three images on the side that are all evenly spaced and the cells in the columns next to the images have the text that is also evenly spaced. How can I do this in the email "edit" screen?

Here are screenshots of the different spacing. the "cell properties that all three images are in say "width 9.21666%" "height 10px"...which does not seem possible as they are different sizes.
email spacing .png
email spacing .png (436.42 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
email spacing 2.png
email spacing 2.png (341.56 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

The problem is still the same issue, you have an extra "line of text" with no text on it. Just grab the image and pull it down one line to where the blank line is.